Preon P0 newest version

Richie

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I've been a long time lurker here in CPF. I can always count on you guys to be in the know when I need to do some research on a new purchase. Recently I pulled the trigger on a Preon P0. I was really impressed with what I saw regarding eneloop run times. But I read one of the reviews about the moonlight run times and was slightly disappointed. His results showed that the lumen output dropped to around .04 after "only" 12 hours of runtime. I tried not to let it bother me because, really, if I am ever in a situation where my life depends on .25 lumens of light from my keychain light for 120 hours with no access to new cells; *deep breath* I probably have bigger issues. Considering this light was rated at nearly 120 hours @ .25 it seems a little off that it would be at less than 20% of rated output after only 10% of its claimed runtime. So why the falloff in lumen output? Also will my output/runtime be closer to .25 lumens when not used continuously?

I've been using the copper top that came with my light in <30 second increments on low and high for various EDC reasons, but last night I went ahead and left my light on moonlight from 11PM-8:45AM. I woke up a few times in the night and noted the shadows and visibility of the illuminated area. But by morning even with some outside light bleeding in, the beam was still visible and useful at close range. So far I have no complaints, and my experience is far from scientific. I would like to get a weigh in from someone with a little more scientific advice.

-Richie