Dorcy 1AAA/1LED is now at MY Walmart

WayneM

Newly Enlightened
The Dorcy 1AAA/1LED is now at MY Walmart. Evidently got them in this week. Had a manager check, and the other stores in my area (N. Alabama) got them in also.

It took myself and a sporting goods department employee about 10 minutes to find them. They were not hanging with all the other lights. Instead they were all on a "hang strip" stuck over in the fishing stuff.

Unfortunately every one of them was gold in color. No red, blue, or silver. That's OK... great combination of light output, price, and the ability to squeeze a battery dry.

The SKU for this light, as printed on my receipt, is 003535544234. If you don't want to go to the trouble of making a wasted trip looking for it, you might call ahead. Speak to customer service and see if they have it in stock.

TheBeam

Enlightened
Well, I just called the 3 closest Walfarts around here and got some unacceptable (should have been expected) answers.

The first stores' line was busy forever. (maybe another CPFer checking in)

The next store told me that they were out of stock and thought that they were discontinued.

At last store, I was told that the sporting goods section doesn't carry them. Well this is the same store that I bought 1 from when they first had them. Every time I go there I see an empty rack waiting to be filled.

I have gone to various Walfarts about once a week to check on these. I found out that since no one is ever at the sporting goods counter, the best thing to do is to rip the whole flashlight holder rack thing off the wall and take it to somebody with a scanner. Have them scan it, after they tell you that they're out of stock they can also check the warehouse, I even found one person who showed me an estimated delivery date. Yes, I put the rack back on the wall.

It looks like this mission will have to be done in person.

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened
I slid the little barcode tag out of the holder and had a clerk scan it. He told me they had 30 on order and they would be here next wednesday. I went back the following thursday and still no lights and that was three weeks ago. I was in there late last week and still nope, none, nada.

TheBeam

Enlightened
Hey, I used to slide the tag out too. I forgot which store it was, but I think they didn't like people doing that. The tag (sticker) is now stuck to the rack.

During my last visits, I have heard there are 6 on order at one store, 18 at another, and 30 at the other one. I forgot which is ordering which. They also told that me they would get them on wednesday, that was a long time ago.

btw, I'll be nice and leave 2 there for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snagged one in a PA China-Mart the other day. I wish it had a clickie switch, but for six bucks, I'll be checking back looking for the 1AA 3LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened
Im headed there now beamer, I might leave you two:) Yes the clerks didnt like it at all, at least some of them. Ive tried many times. Some didnt seem bothered at all, in fact seemed much easier that way, and offered up more info as far as delivery dates. Some didnt know how to work their little scanners. Of course all the info they gave me has been wrong.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also found 1 today at my Walmart.
They weren't there last time I looked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I grabbed one and left one more on the hook. It's a red one.

Opened it up, feels kinda cheap to me. Seems a touch brighter than my standard infinity w/lithium battery on my keychain but oh well...

I'm definately going to be keeping my eyes open for the 1AA 3LED variety /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened
Was @ the wallyworld in lynnwood off I5 (164th?) and it did look like they got in a resupply of lights; Garrity,Energizer LED's. but still empty spots for the Dorcy. I asked a clerk to scan the tag, but she wasnt sure how to use her scanner. gotta go south tomorrow, might make a couple of stops.

RAH

Newly Enlightened
I found them today at my Wal-Mart too, in southern New Hampshire, and I've never seen them there before. They had all the colors too. Looks like Wal-Mart is starting to distribute them better.

pkkrusty

Newly Enlightened
Got one about 4 weeks ago...what a great flashlight. Exactly what I was looking for in terms of a quick and easy little light that takes cheapo AAA. I'm glad that LED flashlights are finally becoming more mainstream. Although it does detract from the mystique that so many of the people on this BB have. cutting-edge technology and all... :)

emitter

Newly Enlightened
Dorcy 1AA/2AA/2C led & 2x123A Xe now at my TruValu

I am among those who bought only one AAA at Wmart, only to go back to find them sold out. I'm sure they're being ebayed right now. Anyhow, our True Value has all the *other* Dorcy LED's plus the xenon 123A Spyder light. I got the AA 3led for a rather high $15 including tax. If anyone really has to have one feel free to PM me, I'll check back and nab one. We'll arrange shipping & payment. Here's what they had, I'll fill in prices if/when I go back to the store.

1-AA 3-led $15 inc. tax plus shipping.
2-AA 4-led about $18
2-c 8-led pretty high, can't remember, but $50 list price! you better really want a 2-C...
2-123A xenon Spyder - can't remember price

Of course give your 1st and 2nd choice of color. I know they had black 2-AA's. gold, blue, red & silver are the other choices. I'm pretty sure I didn't see the 4AA aluminum light.
oh yeah, did anyone check out the Dorcy pdf, and see the green anodized ones? Check it out
http://www.dorcy.com/images/Dorcy%20Images/LED/New_leds/LED%20USA%20%20Final.pdf
what's that one at the very end of the pdf? looks like a 1-123a!

~ned

TheBeam

Enlightened
Re: Dorcy 1AA/2AA/2C led & 2x123A Xe now at my TruValu

Ramptapult, south???

Thanks for saving me the trip to Lynnwood. I'm going to check the one in Renton tomorrow. I think there's one over by the Supermall, but I probably won't make it to that one.

ramptapult

Newly Enlightened

beamer I went to olympia today, Nothin' at the one on Galaxy drive.

alberto

Enlightened

Got two (gold and red) at my WallyWorld SuperStore in Roswell, GA for $5.94 each. They had about 12 but a couple of the (satin) silver were missing batteries?? In my opinion, the silver looked to have less finish quality, which is why I didn't buy one.

I'm very impressed and very happy with this $6 LED light. It feels good (I like the typical Dorcy rubber-in-the-middle-body design) and solid. It's feels very substantial, not overly cheap -- about the same as a Mini MagLite.

A quick comparison with my ARC-AAA and Infinity Ultra:

ARC-AAA: A little brighter with more side spill than the ARC-AAA, but 5/8 inch longer and a little thicker (but "feels" better than the ARC). Has nicely working momentary tail switch that the ARC does not have, as well as a lens. The great color choices are very welcome and make for a very attractive light.

Infinity Ultra: Though the Infinity is an AA, compared to the Dorcy AAA, light output appears to be about the same, with a little edge to the Ultra. The Dorcy is slightly longer than the Ultra but much thinner, and is not as heavy. But again, the Dorcy comes in a choice of colors, has less weight, has a lens, feels better (IMHO), and costs less.

I wish there were AAA lithium batteries..........

As an admitted flashaholic, this little Dorcy light has helped me make it through one more day. But now I have to face tomorrow -- and possibly another light.

TheBeam

Enlightened

Well, I took the journey over to Walfart again. They took my phone number and said that they would call me when they come in.

Anybody else find any yet?

Latest posts