Any thoughts on Rofis, TR31 mainly?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I am planning to buy a 40mm bezel, side clicky light with ~250m - 300m throw and Rofis TR31/31c seem to fit my needs nicely. I need a flashlight with a quality touch and at a budget $80 at most. Unfortunately, there is only one review on these models for the moment and can't really hear about them. Is there anything I'm missing with these lights other than rather unknown Rofis brand?

flame2000

Enlightened
I'm also looking at this light TR31. It ticks all my boxes. Seems the heat sinking is pretty good for this light. I've seen only one review on the TR31C on CPF and some of the Youtube reviews and it's pretty good. The use of side switch makes the UI very user friendly. I would like to know who makes this light too. Seems like the brand just pop out of nowhere.

LEDburn

Enlightened
There is absolutely no way you are going to have a useful range of 300m. You MIGHT be able to see something clearly at 100m - beyond that you are going to possibly see something but as I said, it will not be lit up very well at all.

If you want the best light with a side switch, I gotta recommend a Zebralight SC600. Easily the most used light out of the 10+ units I own.
Yeah, you aren't going to get the range you want but do you really need that much range?
Unless you have a specific task that this light will be solely used as that requires that range, I urge you to reconsider.
After a few years of just buying whatever light grabbed my attention I soon realized that there's more to it than overall output and such.

If you need illumination range you really can't go past a modded TN31 from the one stop throw shop..

Kokopelli

Enlightened
You're right. I don't go out for hunting or run in open fields so it really isn't a real world need for me to get a thrower. I even have some real throwers in 2x18650 setup too. But you know none of them are easily carried lights so I thought I needed a throwier tactical light for everyday in backpack carry. I'm sure it would be much more useful if I had a smaller light with a good UI. Maybe I should keep on smaller and throwier XPG2 lights for this purpose.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
I don't have that light but I do have a

ROFIS TR51.

Very nice light.
The beam is a perfect mix of throw and spill. You get nice throw but the side spill is more than enough to light uo things to your sides and keep you from getting tunnel vision.

The paint is not the greatest though. My light has not been dropped gouged or abused in any way but the paint on the bezel has ground off somehow.