What do you think of Nitecore and MT2A, EA2 models?

GAZ082

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys. In my quest for a sub 60 usd good EDC torchlight i found the Nitecore MT2A and specially the EA2 lights to be interesting. EA2 has some cool functions such as battery indicator, 5 modes and really compact BUT Nitecore is not mentioned as much as Fenix or 4Sevens.

Any general opinion of Nitecore (build quality mainly) and also some thoughts about those two models?

Thanks!

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first LED flashlight was the Nitcore Infinity Defender and quality wise I have to say it's a been a good light. Took a lot of abuse and several falls and never had a problem with it.
I don't know much about the EA series but there are couple of threads reporting a few problems but could have been issues related to the first batches.

As for the MT series, I really had high hopes for these lights. The flashing disco and the bright lows were a deal-breaker for me. If these two factors are not a problem for you, the MT2A could still be a good light: competitive price, forward clicky, and the ability to tailstand make it attractive. Fenix and 4Sevens are probably some of the best brands out there and if you find their lights on sale they won't cost much more than a Nitecore.