• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: McGizmo Buffet - Pick Your Parts

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
That title sounds bad, but the parts below certainly are not :)

All parts are in excellent condition. Some minor surface scratches but no gouges or deep marks. All parts are e-series compatible.

Prices are below pictures.

1. First up are two empty heads without light engines. One is a McGizmo Sundrop XRU (SOLD) and the other is a McGizmo Mule (SOLD).
{Removed photo}

2. This is a TnC Twisty body. I added foam and a brass coil to the base to make it work (stock from TNC does not) with E-Series heads. Works well, but you have to be fast on the twist with Don's LEs. Nice if you want a really small 123 sized body. With the Mule or Sundrop head, this is really small. I put a bunch of photos in this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?336316-Awesome

4. (WITHDRAWN) McGizmo 2xAA Pak. This has a slot milled at the tail end. Can be used for lanyards or trits. Will come with a clip. See item 5. below.

5. (WITHDRAWN)Clips for items 4. above. I am not selling these on their own. Basically, if you buy item 4 from me you get to choose what clip you want. One clip has Don's 1/4" tripod mount thread, the other one is a polished standard clip (rather than the bead blasted look). The polished clip is not as tight as the other (I find it the ideal tension, in fact).

6. Brand new 3V 3S LE. Less than 3 weeks old. Upgraded cool white emitter with a 5000K XML from Illumination Supply. Beautiful white tint now. Withdrawn for now. Going to try GDUP.

Prices in USD:

1. Mule: $100 SOLD, Sundrop XRU $130 (SOLD)
2. TnC Twisty: $115
3. Withdrawn
4. Withdrawn
5. Withdrawn
6. Withdrawn

Shipping is:
Canada and USA: $5
International: $10

All parts shipped from Canada. No tracking or insurance offered since Canada Post charge way too much. If you have deep pockets and don't mind paying, I can do it, I just don't usually recommend it. I will not be responsible for postal mishaps. Payment by PayPal only.

No trades please.

Thanks for looking.

eala

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTT - removed the 123 Pak I had in here. I have been enjoying it clipless for the last bit. I'll hold it for now.

Putting the Makai head and LE on temporary hold for a day or so. I am balancing some projects and may keep this.

eala

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the sundrop XR-U today. Works great thanks! Worked seventeen hours today my lights got a workout, so did the owner. Time for sleep!

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I have a VME ti head. Would the twisty body work with that the way it has the foam and brass?
Does it have trits, or slots in the bottom?

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically, any e-series head that has a multi mode light engine that can normally be switched with a clicky would work via twisting with this body. The foam pushes the battery away from the brass coil breaking the circuit. The circuit is closed again when the head is tightened. Works well. I only have McGizmo LE's so it is tough switching modes, but if you have the VME with a drop in, it should be a lot easier. McGizmo sets up the LEs to require a very short off duration to index the mode. Not impossible, but you have to be fast. I basically just use this body when I am using one mode.

No trits or slots on the bottom. Machined flat surface.

eala

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo Buffet - Pick Your Parts - Added New 3S XML LE

Added 3V 3S XML LE to the mix. Bump.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo Buffet - Pick Your Parts - Added New 3S XML LE

Removed 2xAA body. Have been using it.

Lowered shipping costs. Dropped LE cost.

BTT

eala