What do you use your flashlight for?

What do you use your flashlights for? (Check all that apply)

• Military

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a light user and hobbyist.
I carry some sort of light everywhere I go, but it is typically a Photon Freedom Microlight on my key chain. I use that every single night when I come home, to light my path from the driveway to the house. But that is only about a minute or two per day.
Other uses might be midnight trips to the bathroom or kitchen, or to see why the dog is barking outside.

I may use my other lights for these things, instead of my Photon Microlight.
On outdoor trips, or if I am going away for any extended period, I will bring one of my more powerful lights, and some spare batteries. On special occasions, or sometimes if I just feel like it, I will carry one of my more powerful lights, just because I want to.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I mainly use mine at work, so I can see stuff in the dark. :D And also because some are so cool I cant resist.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
police.......good excuse to buy lights....... "but i'll be so much safer with a brighter light!"

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry for work, and for practicality.
I like the look of certain lights and collect based on that criteria.
I like playing Lego with my lights. The more parts the better

yliu

Enlightened
Out of my ~18 lights, I use 2 or 3 frequently. The rest is just for showoff:)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is the "Playing and having fun with your flashlight" option?

I chose hobbyist since it's the closest to that.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Hm, this poll should be made so you can select more than one option. I use my lights as an enthusiast and for work. It's a tough toss up on which I use the lights for more. Probably work though, it seems like I'm always working.

Beckler

Enlightened
Where is the "Playing and having fun with your flashlight" option?

I chose hobbyist since it's the closest to that.

:D That's certainly hobbyist since that's bascially the definition of hobby! I probably should have included a separate 'gadgeteer' category--those who don't need more flashlights but still buy them because they're into 18650 battery gadgets. :D Same reason I want a Tesla...

Beckler

Enlightened
Hm, this poll should be made so you can select more than one option. I use my lights as an enthusiast and for work. It's a tough toss up on which I use the lights for more. Probably work though, it seems like I'm always working.

Actually it is, at least that's the option I chose when I posted it..

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I probably use my lights most for hiking. I'm not exactly what you would call a typical hiker. I don't subscribe to that all too common thinking that you HAVE to get up by the crack of dawn so that you can finish your hike before dark so the boogy man (or bigfoot) won't get you. I start my hikes late and end up spending a fair amount of time up in the mountains (or on the beach) in the dark. And, of course, a good light is a necessity. But, as with others, I use my lights for a good deal of other stuff as well, including night photography and automotive work. And, like many others, I use them for just plain messing around.

g.p.

Enlightened
Tactical = work? :thinking:

Law enforcement aren't the only one's that work at night. Not sure where to vote. I use mine at work most of the time...to see stuff at night.

Steel head

Newly Enlightened
I use mine mainly at work.
Valve boxes,water meter boxes,working on big equipment and other tasks in my job.

troelskc

Newly Enlightened
Fascinated about the technology and using it as the same time for daily tasks. I EDC a Solarforce L2P, Derelight 2.5A XM-L T6 3C (neutral warm white) smooth in my backpack.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Mine is almost just for utility. I work the graveyard shift and I'm outside at night often so a good light is necessary. That's really 95% where I use my light. The other 5% are knick knack uses at home like looking for something under a couch etc

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Camping, dog walking, blackouts (which are unfortunately becoming more and more common place with this weird global warming weather), and interestingly for retrieving stuff in the far reaches of my home. ie, if I'm in our family room and need to get something in the bedroom closet, I have turn on, and off, 5-6 lights - much easier to just use my EDC flashlight.

RBH

Newly Enlightened
I use a Mag LED and Coleman headlamp almost constantly in my millwright business. When your 150' in the air patching a grain spout after dark it's great to have both hands free and the work area illuminated. Ironically, my expensive specialty lights aren't the ones I use at work. :drool:

Bruce

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
My dog is the beneficiary of my flashlight obsession. Most of my flashlight use is walking him after dark. I tend to rotate lights over the course of a few weeks/months, favoring one or two at a time. The rest of my use is middle of the night around the house, or chores outside at dark. Hunting trips are my favorite flashlight occasions but those are not frequent enough, unfortunately!