FandyFire 4000lm Dealextreme light anyone seen this?

dkongkill

Newly Enlightened
Hey, Ive been searching Dealextreme for a new light and I came across this

http://dx.com/p/fandyfire-5-x-cree-...e-light-flashlight-dark-grey-4-x-18650-146528

I really like the rugged look of it and there is only one review on the site. Anyone have this light and could post some beam shots or a review? I would like to get some real information on it before I go out and spend 86 bucks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few lights of that type for sale. Only other I remember the name of is Apex.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are into pure flood brightness, then it should be ok. I would honestly pay more for a good name brand.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are into pure flood brightness, then it should be ok. I would honestly pay more for a good name brand.

Not trying to be funny about it at all. But how exactly do you define "good brand name?"

Also what 'good brand name' make would you suggest that offers similar performance to this light? While 4000 lumens is probably bogus, it's not unreasonable to expect 2500 lumens out of it. Which is still a heck of a lot of light.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Ive been searching Dealextreme for a new light and I came across this

http://dx.com/p/fandyfire-5-x-cree-...e-light-flashlight-dark-grey-4-x-18650-146528

I really like the rugged look of it and there is only one review on the site. Anyone have this light and could post some beam shots or a review? I would like to get some real information on it before I go out and spend 86 bucks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Have a look here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ond-APEX-5T6-(5-x-XM-L-T6-1-4-x-18650)-Review

With Chinese lights they often seem to be sold under several different brands, but are probably the same physical unit from the same factory (not always, sometimes they are copies/fakes) more often than not.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the Thrunite TN30 that is selling for $159.00. Other brands that I would consider are Jetbeam, Nitecore, and L3 Illumination K40.
Not trying to be funny about it at all. But how exactly do you define "good brand name?"

Also what 'good brand name' make would you suggest that offers similar performance to this light? While 4000 lumens is probably bogus, it's not unreasonable to expect 2500 lumens out of it. Which is still a heck of a lot of light.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the TN30 about double the money of the light in the OP though? Not sure it's really comparable on that basis alone.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh. I went through that phase of being lured by inexpensive nice looking Chinese lights from Deal Extreme. And while they look good, there are almost always some quality or design problems. Romisen has been the exception, though. They do make some mediocre flashlights, but also some good ones for the price.

All in all, if you don't lose flashlights much, pay more for better quality. You'll feel it every time you use the light, that it was money well spent.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1... That is why I was giving the OP options.
Meh. I went through that phase of being lured by inexpensive nice looking Chinese lights from Deal Extreme. And while they look good, there are almost always some quality or design problems. Romisen has been the exception, though. They do make some mediocre flashlights, but also some good ones for the price.

All in all, if you don't lose flashlights much, pay more for better quality. You'll feel it every time you use the light, that it was money well spent.