List of Diffuser friendly 18650s

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
A light doesn't need to have a specific diffuser made for that specific model. There are universalish diffusers that can be had for cheap that fit a wide range of bezel sizes. People here have made diffusers from water bottle caps, Chapstick lids, and plastic bags. You could make some with diffuser cloth, paper, or filters and something like an elastic band wrapped around the bezel.

Otherwise brands with model specific diffusers would be Olight, Thrunite, Fenix, Nitecore, Klarus, Jetbeam, Eagletac... there's alot.

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone made a diffuser for Zebralight SC600? I tried searching but couldn't find one.

AFearlessBirdOfParadise

Newly Enlightened
I think someone made one with a plastic film canister and it worked out well. Not entirely sure, but you could try one of Fenix's diffusers. I think they have a lens one that would be slightly too large, so you could put tape on the inside rim of the diffuser to make it fit. They also have the wand kind that starts off at like ~40mm, but it slopes down so you could cut that down to where it fits. It would also be less wandy (which I think is better).

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone made a diffuser for Zebralight SC600? I tried searching but couldn't find one.

Yep, a 35mm film canister (white) fits just about perfect, and looks & works great. I have been using this set up as our tent lamp (hanging from the ceiling) when camping. Very useful, and the best tent lantern around since the SC600 has so many outputs to choose from, not to mention how bright it is when needed.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Klarus xt11. Mine had a diffuser I got from unused photo equipment.
B23E2349-084D-4ABA-B987-8279285F4555-792-000000C99475F7B4.jpg

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I initially read the title of this thread I thought "Why would you want to diffuse the power from your battery to the emitter?" and no....that's not how I would refer to that. It's just that I also would not think to expect accessories to be made according to battery type. Kinda like looking for smoked tail-light lenses for a 2 ltr. 4 cylinder engine car.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I initially read the title of this thread I thought "Why would you want to diffuse the power from your battery to the emitter?" and no....that's not how I would refer to that. It's just that I also would not think to expect accessories to be made according to battery type. Kinda like looking for smoked tail-light lenses for a 2 ltr. 4 cylinder engine car.

The OP is referring to the 18650 style of flashlights which there are many. In other words, he's looking for lights that use an 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery and have a diffuser.

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
What other 18650s either have or can be fitted with a diffuser?

Nitecore EC2 with water bottle cap diffuser. My current favorite. This flashlight is slightly bigger than the 18650 battery inside of it, very compact for an 18650 light. It's also nice break from all the other tail clicky lights out there these days.

ec2-bottle-cap_01.jpg

Wacki

Newly Enlightened
The OP is referring to the 18650 style of flashlights which there are many. In other words, he's looking for lights that use an 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery and have a diffuser.

or can be easily fitted with diffusers meant for another purpose. Obviously everything can be fitted with diffuser film but I like to have a "snap on & snap off" functionality. Since this light is going to be for the gf, I don't think she's like a simple bottle cap.

asval

Newly Enlightened
You can measure the head and buy a diffuser for nearly any light.

I use a Fenix AOD-L diffuser on my Crelant 7G5 v2, had to modify it a bit since it has bits of plastic that protrude to grasp the light and I couldn't get them all to give way enough so that they would all grasp the head of the light. Ended up removing them with a dremel and wrapped the bottom of the diffuser with black tape on both sides. Now it's nice and snug, wish fenix would use rubber instead of plastic in their diffuser to grasp the head of the light :shakehead.

I use 2 olight color filters which are a perfect fit on my Klarus st20 and luckily they also fit on my Spark SX5, albeit it's because they're made of rubber and will give enough to go over the lip of the headlamp. :twothumbs

Latest posts