Ode to the L1.....

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
...borrowed from Shakespear,

What a work of light is the L1! How noble in fashion! How infinite in use! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how tacticall! In apprehension how utilitarian! The beauty of Surefire, the paragon of lights!

If God used a light, I think He'd use an L1.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
LOL, the irony of an L1 Haiku, good one.

There hasn't been as much love for the SureFire L1's recently. :shrug:
IMO it still might win my 'If I could have only one light' contest ... It would definitely be one of my top three.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have nearly two dozen SurFire lights in my collection. various different models. If I could keep only 1 it would be my SureFire L1. No hesitation at all. (And I definitely like my other SF lights.)

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1 format & hi/low are outstanding - I've got one modified to tun from an AA and two that have been modded by Milky. Okay, while not exactly still an L1 the size / shape are as good as it gets (for me) in a single cell light. Large enough to be comfortable in the hand, small enough to pocket.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always ready ...

15dm1q8.jpg

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have nearly two dozen SurFire lights in my collection. various different models. If I could keep only 1 it would be my SureFire L1. No hesitation at all. (And I definitely like my other SF lights.)

I totally agree with you. It's the perfect size, great UI and can run on Primaries or RCR. I would have to at least keep my L1 RED head to go with the white though.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with all the newfangled lights out, I still use my L1 the most. And it works very well on an imr rcr

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the best pic but a very nice combination. The dead cell that's powering the red won't even light up the white head when I swap them.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ahh the L1, my perfect EDC.
perfect UI, perfect ergos, perfect beam, super runtimes and high CRI (the 2 i carry most has either a nichia 219 or SSC P4 high cri with narrow optics).
and im going to attempt an AA mod to one of the 4-flats body.

1000200e.jpg