Olight SR50 - Feedback Please ...

amherstia

Newly Enlightened
How is olight sr50 ?
Its beam , throw , flood ? runtime etc ?

Does it run by 18650 cells (read somewhere now 18650 cells may be used . ???? ) ? ? ?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is olight sr50 ?
Its beam , throw , flood ? runtime etc ?

Does it run by 18650 cells (read somewhere now 18650 cells may be used . ???? ) ? ? ?

I have nearly all of the Olight range of lights including the SR50 & SR51.

The SR50
uses an SST-50 LED and is a whiter colour tint than the newer SR51.

The SR51 uses a Cree XM-L LED and has a Lockout feature that the SR50 does not have.

The SR50 comes with two battery carriers if you want.

One takes six Li-ion CR123 batteries.

The other 2 x 18650 battery carrier was manufactured for use in the SR51 later but it fits the SR50 perfectly.

The sales of the SR50 were lower than they could have been if Olight had made the 2 x 18650 battery carrier available for the SR50.

A lot of flashaholics wanted a rechargeable battery option and did not like using throw away CR123 batteries.

Since word got around that the SR50 could use both battery types the sales picked up on the SR50.

It is a MEDIUM range type of light.

It puts out 800 lumens and has a very reasonable throw and spill for a flashlight that is around $100.

I like the warmer tint LED in the SR51 than the slightly bluey LED used in the SR50.

In real world tests in my area the SR51 does give a clearer view of the target due mainly to the lower temperature rating of the LED and throws slightly better than the SR50.

Runtime is quite reasonable and you can always carry a spare set of batteries with you to get more runtime.

A small backup light is always a good thing to have when you are using bigger lights that mostly don't give you any warning when the battery is about to go flat and stop the light.

I hope that helps you a little.

I would look up a review or two on Google or here in the search box of CPFat the top of these pages to see the details and thoughts by the reviewers and users on this light if it is still made that is.

A good place to check out the throw and spill etc is on Youtube in the Goinprepared Flashlight Comparison section, it has videos of many lights including Olights SR50 and SR51.

It does not appear on the "Olightworld" website, only the later SR51 is there.

Cheers
:wave:

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
The SR51 is the way to go. I have it and love it. It is said to be a step up in throw vs the SR50.

Latest posts