Am I starting down the Flashaholic path?

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
Own: Mag AAA, AA, 3D, 6D, 6D.
Purchased in last 2 weeks: SF 6P, G2, 8NX, KR2-BK
Looking at Minimag LED conversions for next purchase.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. You are going up slope now. It will be a while before you start down again.
grin.gif

Welcome and don't forget you need an E2E in your collection. And an M2. And an M6. Tigelight. SL US. Arc LS. Arc AAA. KL1. KL3...And much much more.
grin.gif

Cheers.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mike632...

It`s already too late to save yourself.

May God have mercy on your soul.

rolleyes.gif

Welcome aboard!
grin.gif

StuU

Enlightened
When spring begins, start hitting the flea markets. You will be able to purchase dozens of possible mod lights for pennies on the dollar. Last year, I found 2 UK4AAs with helmet clips for 2 bucks apiece.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opalec Newbeam is a nice mini-mag conversion.

But an Arc AAA or Arc LS is much more convenient to carry!
smile.gif

And don't forget the KL3 LED bezel for your 6P!
icon14.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
And of course...you`ll eventually have to buy one of the greatest flashlights ever made... the Surefire M6, as Monanza has already suggested.

And also, of course, there are the other "must-have" Surefires...the E2e, M2, M3...and the really spectacular 10X.

And, of course, the absolute starting point would be getting the Arc LE AAA and the Arc LS.

Did I mention how great the Surefire M6 is?

May God have mercy on your soul.

smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

Replay

Newly Enlightened
Mike,
When you start turning out the house lights at night just to shine your flashlights on the ceiling and walls, or taking your dog for a walk just to try out a new flashlight, your hooked!
I found this forum while searching the web for info on led lights, and then found out there was more to flashlights then M**s. I Read about so many good flashlights here I just "had" to get a few!
Flashlights purchased in the last month:
Mini-M** with a BadBoy, Brinkmann Legend LX, PT Surge, Lightwave 4000, Keychain light,
Now if I had a SF M6 or a TL, I'm sure I could vaporize the BoogieMan!
smile.gif

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
I will buy many more as time goes by. Most lights will be used for work, which is why I'm looking at LED conversions. LED gives me the quick look; SF lights give me the high power look. Florescent work lights give me the low heat work all day lights which create shadows so you use the toys to see inside the shadows.

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
I am already turning off all the lights to check outputs; UPS delivered the 6P last night. UPS will deliver the G2, P61, KR2, and 8NX Wednesday of next week so it will be fun checking all of them out at the same time.

alberto

Enlightened
If you're married, there's a whole other problem: explaining why you just bought ANOTHER light. And if you have kids, remember that they need food and shoes.

In terms of increasing size of task, look at the Photon II for small, close, minimum light tasks, then Arc AAA or Infinity Ultra, Inretech or Opalec MiniMag conversion, Surefire E1e/E2e or Inova XT5, then Surefires from M2, M6, etc. Of course, anyplace I've used the word OR, I really mean AND.

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
Do the KL3 heads work with the rechargeable batteries? Then I can use the KL3 on the 6P with the KR2 and the G2 with the P61 and P60.

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
I will still pick up a Minimag conversion as I am tired of replacing lamps at very inopportune moments. The long runtime and lamp life of the LED's will pay for itself very quickly.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike632,
The MiniMag (*edit*) conversion is a great idea. In fact from my viewpoint it is a necessity if you already own a Maglite (*edit*). I keep mine in my nightstand. My legend 2AA conversion is doing medicine cabinet duty.

The KL3 runs on 6V-9V. Rechargeables will work but you need 6V minimum. You can get the A19 extension and use 2 Copia LiIon rechargeables. Oh! I just realized you're getting the KR2 so you should be all set.

Originally posted by alberto:
If you're married, there's a whole other problem: explaining why you just bought ANOTHER light. And if you have kids, remember that they need food and shoes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">... and flashlights
grin.gif

BTW if you are interested in an M6 check out the Buy Sell Trade Forum. A member has his up for sale.

Cheers.

S4MadMan

Enlightened
I'm definitely on the path:

I just purchased Lambda's new Megaclops SE, Elecktrolumens' Blaster, two GeoffK Collimators, looking into a few of Mr. Bulk's goodies, Inova XT5, Lightwave 4000, and a bunch of other little miscellaneous LEDs.

I'm nutz just like the rest of you.
winkie.GIF

KnightStar

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
And of course...you`ll eventually have to buy one of the greatest flashlights ever made... the Surefire M6, as Monanza has already suggested.

And also, of course, there are the other "must-have" Surefires...the E2e, M2, M3...and the really spectacular 10X.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And, another MUST HAVE: A really good folding knife to slit the shrinkwrap on those Surefire boxes.
I would suggest calling Dan at Tactical Warehouse and ordering one, maybe a Spyderco Military, from him.
Heh, heh, heh, heh.
Steve

KnightStar

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Replay:
I found this forum while searching the web for info on led lights, and then found out there was more to flashlights then M**s. I Read about so many good flashlights here I just "had" to get a few!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">YIKES. That's just EXACTLY how I started collecting.
Steve

Mike632

Newly Enlightened
I got started here for the same reason. I was looking for a SF and this site came up. Steve I have 3 Spyderco, 2 Cold Steel and numerous other variations of blade types. I was into knives before guns so any bad guy is in trouble.