No version number on new TM11?

a.lber.to

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I just received a new TM11 out of HK, sold to me as v1.12-1111. While I do not doubt that it is the latest version out of Nitecore, what I found surprising is that inside the head it only says SYSMAX now, and no longer carries a stenciled version number at all! Its serial number begins with 21019811200xx.

Also, I noticed that the double-action button has a definite click when pushed all the way - are they all like this, or is this something new? I seem to recall reading in the past that the button did not have a noticeable click, but maybe that was for the half-way press only.

In any case, it looks like it is going to get harder now to know which version you are getting, unless the "112" towards the end of the serial number is meant to show the version number instead.

Now waiting for my 8 EagleTac 3400mAh 18650s to arrive, so I can finally try this light out! :)

Cheers

a.lber.to

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed another interesting detail: in the plastic bag with the lanyard and spare O-ring, there is also... a spare TM15 charging port cover!!! It must obviously be cheaper for Nitecore to give away unnecessary TM15 charging port covers than to manage multiple versions of that packet!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The button has deep travel and a very well defined click.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed another interesting detail: in the plastic bag with the lanyard and spare O-ring, there is also... a spare TM15 charging port cover!!! It must obviously be cheaper for Nitecore to give away unnecessary TM15 charging port covers than to manage multiple versions of that packet!

I was wondering where my spare charging cover went.;)