Thrunite Control Ring vs Supbeam/L3 Illumination Control Ring

xed888

Enlightened
Looking to ask about user experiences as above.

Which one feels of better quality? It doesn't matter if its between TN30 and K40 or TN31 vs K40. I just want to find out about the build quality differences.

Thanks for reading!

Dubois

Enlightened
Don't know about the TN31, but the Supbeam K40 quality is as good as any of my SWM, Fenix, Klarus, or Niwalker lights - ie pretty good. I was worried (after reading a review or two) that the control ring might be a bit gritty or uneven. Not a bit - it is fine.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I haven't heard of any yet that have had problems with the K40, but that is not the case with the TN31. One guy posted at another forum that on his brand new TN31 he just received that he couldn't turn the ring without turning the whole head. That's not good.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard of any yet that have had problems with the K40, but that is not the case with the TN31. One guy posted at another forum that on his brand new TN31 he just received that he couldn't turn the ring without turning the whole head. That's not good.

I have owned my stock TN31 for quite a while and it is the greatest compact short bodied thrower I have ever used.

I have never had a problem with my control ring or anything else.

I don't think there has been enough reviews or posts on the L3 K40 light just yet to know what it really performs like or the quality of the build.

I also own the Saab modded TN31 and it too has not given rise to any problems except for what he will do to outdo the modded TN31.

It really does rip into the night at 242 Kcd with a throw of nearly one kilometer (around 1000 yards).

The Saabluster modded Fandyfire STL-V6 tactical style light I bought as well is quite a performer at 117Kcd for $98 and that is a bargain in my opinion if you can't afford his modded TN31.

It is over twice the Kcd of the stock Fandyfire of 48Kcd.

Cheers