Looking for a certain EDC light

meyeracing

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a EDC light that carries spare battery(ies) in the flashlight. I don't even know if there is one, figured someone might know when I search online spare carriers always come up thanks.

yliu

Enlightened
You might be better off by just carrying some spare batteries with you.

But why would you need the flashlight to have spare batteries?

Let's say there's a 1AA light that caries 1 extra AA in it, and a normal 2AA light. Both light has 2AA cells... You'll end up with very similar runtimes as a normal light assuming that brightness and efficiency are all the same, because the 2AA cells will have the same amount of energy.

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
You might be better off by just carrying some spare batteries with you.

But why would you need the flashlight to have spare batteries?

Let's say there's a 1AA light that caries 1 extra AA in it, and a normal 2AA light. Both light has 2AA cells... You'll end up with very similar runtimes as a normal light assuming that brightness and efficiency are all the same, because the 2AA cells will have the same amount of energy.

yliu makes a very valid point.

I guess maybe the op might want a side by side battery flashlight. Side by side flashlights provide a pretty comfortable grip in the hand, if that's the final product you want? The only way I can think of accomplishing this w/o too much handy work is to clamp an extra body or battery tube to the flashlight. This way you get the spare carrier, comfortable grip, and extra batteries that are always there w/o having to dig, say, through your backpack for.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
PEAK once produced a double-ended CR123A body. As threaded it will accept current production Peak Logan heads.

IMG0015-4.jpg

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
I'm aware of one flashlight that "may" do what you want. Energizer makes a flashlight called the the 2 AA swivel light, it is part of their hardcase line of flashlights. It normally uses 2X AA batteries, but will operate on only one. So you can flip the other battery around and not use it. They used to have a youtube video demonstrating this very feature.

There are two versions of this light...a military model that includes an IR LED and a Civie version that replaces the IR with a UV LED. Do a google search for Energizers website and take a look yourself.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am looking for a EDC light that carries spare battery(ies) in the flashlight. I don't even know if there is one, figured someone might know when I search online spare carriers always come up thanks.

Peak used to sell battery tubes with two separate compartments ... could either run two different light engines (on either end), or add a threaded cap on one end to use that side as a spare cell carrier ;)

EDIT - Somehow I didn't see the DwF post above when this page first loaded :thinking: ... Peak also made a version of this tube for N cells, too.

Last edited:

meyeracing

Newly Enlightened
I understand your point yliu, sorry for the delayed response. I was just brainstorming and got on that subject and remembered a time or two out camping or boating at night and my flashlight dying. Even if there were a holster with pockets for extra batteries would be better than a flashlight with extra space. When you have a pack or your truck with extra batteries in it, its no problem, but I know im not the only one this has happened too.