• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-Aleph Light Engines

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL SOLD. THANKS CPF!

For sale are three single level CREE XM-L Aleph light engines. These use a custom circuit board with four AMC7135 IC's at 380mA each. The aluminum can was custom machined for the 8mm MCPCB, and dissipates heat quickly into the head of the light. These are ideal for use with a single Li-Ion cell (2.8 - 6V). Brass battery contact for long wear.

1. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60 SOLD
2. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60 SOLD
3. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60 SOLD

The following light engines are built using the same custom aluminum cans and brass battery contacts as above, but feature a different LED and driver board combination.

4. Nichia NS6W183-H3, 700mA single level GD light engine. Warm white high CRI LED with a CCT of 3700K. The build quality is A+ on this light engine, but I am not happy with my glow epoxy application. As a result, I am considering this a "second". Excellent Mule light engine. Use with any single primary 3V, or RCR cell (1.8 - 5.5V). $70 SOLD
5. Cree R5 1C XP-G2, 1000mA multi-level FluPIC light engine. Can be programmed with custom levels following the user guide available here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ntroducing-FluPIC-V2-2-firmware-User-Guide-UP!. Use with any 3.7V rechargeable cell, or a maximum of 5.5V. $109 SOLD

100_6142.jpg

Picture of the glow epoxy after being illuminated for a few minutes.
100_6145.jpg

The first "I'll take it" posted here takes preference over other communication. All prices include shipping within the United States. There is no extra fee for credit card PayPal. Insurance is not included, but is available upon request for an additional fee based on insured value. I can not be liable for damage or loss once the light engine is in the hands of the USPS.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: FS-Aleph Light Engines

On #4, does "GD" mean "glow disk" ?

Also, I was wondering what specifically is the issue that makes this one a "second" (uneven glow? weak glow?) ... ? A reply by PM is fine, instead, if you prefer.

Any photos of the glow ?

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

On #4, does "GD" mean "glow disk" ?

Also, I was wondering what specifically is the issue that makes this one a "second" (uneven glow? weak glow?) ... ? A reply by PM is fine, instead, if you prefer.

Any photos of the glow ?

GD is the driver board from the Sandwich Shoppe. It is a buck/boost board that can handle 1.8 - 5.5V). I am considering it a "second" because I am not completely happy with the appearance of the glow epoxy. The lead wires and the ground screw are visible through the glow. I don't have any pictures of the glow at the moment, but may be able to post one before tonight. EDIT: Glow picture added to first post.

Will these fit into one of Don's current Haiku, Sundrop or Mule head?

Yes to all of the above.

Last edited:

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

With the single level XML driven at 1520ma, will the alu pill be able to dissipate the heat into the Titanium head quick enough to run it a few minutes at a time? Perhaps in a Makai or Haiku head?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

With the single level XML driven at 1520ma, will the alu pill be able to dissipate the heat into the Titanium head quick enough to run it a few minutes at a time? Perhaps in a Makai or Haiku head?

The aluminum pill does a very good job of getting the heat into the head of the light. The issue may be if the Ti can dissipate the heat quick enough. Holding the light will go a long way to sink the heat from the head of the light and into your body.

samuraishot

Enlightened

Hi datiLED,

I'll take the best built of the 3 U2 LE, thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic

GD is the driver board from the Sandwich Shoppe. It is a buck/boost board that can handle 1.8 - 5.5V). I am considering it a "second" because I am not completely happy with the appearance of the glow epoxy. The lead wires and the ground screw are visible through the glow. I don't have any pictures of the glow at the moment, but may be able to post one before tonight. EDIT: Glow picture added to first post.

Thanks, PM sent (on #4) :)

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM Sent
=======
I will take, pending reply of PM
1. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60
2. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is #4 sold? Don't want to step on any toes. If it's available I'll take it.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi datiLED,

I'll take the best built of the 3 U2 LE, thanks!

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean any offense. All of the light engines are built with the same attention to detail. However, I like the look of the solder joints on #1, and will set that one aside for you.

Thanks, PM sent (on #4) :)

PM Sent
=======
I will take, pending reply of PM
1. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60
2. CREE U2 2S XM-L, 1520mA single level light engine. $60

PM replied. I'll consider #2 sold, but will need to make the XP-G2 light engine to your requirements. You can choose from R4 4000K, R5 5000K, or R5 in cool white.

Is #4 sold? Don't want to step on any toes. If it's available I'll take it.

I don't have an I'll take it on #4, or #5. #4 is yours.

If #4 is sold, I'll take #5.
You were the first to post an "I'll take it" for #4, so I'll consider #5 as still available.

samuraishot

Enlightened

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I don't mean any offense. All of the light engines are built with the same attention to detail. However, I like the look of the solder joints on #1, and will set that one aside for you.

No offense taken :) Please forgive me, I didn't mean it in any way to sound like you produce subpar work as you have an outstanding reputation here!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

I own loads of this man's work and it is high quality. I think supporting him is a great idea.

These pieces look like some of your best work yet.

obi

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

No offense taken :) Please forgive me, I didn't mean it in any way to sound like you produce subpar work as you have an outstanding reputation here!
No worries at all. I wasn't reading anything into your comment. I couldn't pick out one as being better than the other, so I set aside the LE that has the nicest looking solder joints and connections.

I own loads of this man's work and it is high quality. I think supporting him is a great idea.

These pieces look like some of your best work yet.

obi

Thank you. I am honored.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, a little confusion here for me. Is #5 sold or #4 sold or both?

I'd like the #5 if its available.