JetBeam 3M XM-L reviews?

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching around looking for some good user feedback/reviews on the JetBeam 3M XM-L and I'm not coming up with a whole lot. Or at least as much as you will with something like the Klarus XT11 or Fenix PD32 (not that I'm comparing to these, just that there is a lot of info out there). Is there a reason for this? Are they not that popular? Any owners out there to give some pros and cons? I'm not looking at this light for any specific application other than general use (flood is probably better than distance). I know there are thousands of other lights out there, but I'm mainly looking for information on this one to compare.

Thanks in advance!!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?324402-No-love-for-the-RRT-3-XML

There's an embedded you tube review in it as well.

Personally I think it's a great light. It throws a bit farther than my TK35 with a larger spot and more flood. It's heavy and beefy and can take the heat of running at full blast. I also feel it's more efficient than many of the other 3xXML lights out there because it runs the 3 batteries in series and the LEDs are also driven in series. So even though the power to the LEDs is the same as many other 3xXML lights that are run in parallel configurations the current draw is 1/3 of those lights too.

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
Err, I think we're talking about two different lights. :) The RRT-3 does look nice though.

GoCarp

Newly Enlightened
For the $ I'd get the Klarus XT11.

:D

3M can be had for <$50. Klarus is >$75. While I will buy one someday (and many others), I've found the 3M on what appears to be a good deal, but only if it's a good light. And when I have $75 to burn, that opens a whole new range of lights to look at. Too many lights, not enough $$$. haha