Suprabeam

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first LED light. They are nice little lights for what they are...but they use an often misaligned TIR optic. If you get a good one, it puts out a nice spot. Useful pointing daytime work light.

I have very little experience with this price point, so it would not surprise me if someone chimes in that they are in fact crap.

jay

ThinLine

Newly Enlightened
Just got a Suprabeam Q1 penlight last week and it's amazing.
It has a very clean and bright flood and a good spot. The spot is a little square, but i am sure this is because of a restriction in the lens/reflector dynamic for a light its size.
It does definately beat the classic 3D-Cell MagLite and is near equal in throw to my UK SL-4.

accented

Newly Enlightened
hey lucky duck.

sorry for being unable to reply to your pm. Seems my privileges to post are not allowed as i am new.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: hey lucky duck.

sorry for being unable to reply to your pm. Seems my privileges to post are not allowed as i am new.
You need to read the threads that you were asked to read when you joined.

ATTN: NEW MEMBERS!!

Until a new user account has been approved and vetted in the above manner, the account has NO private message privileges. Again, this is due to new users registering for spamming purposes only. They use the PM system without ever making a post in the forums. As with above, once the new member has posted 3 posts and the account has been approved and vetted, full board privileges are instated.

Norm

Last edited: