Another Myo XP mod

stakle

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I am the happy owner of a Myo XP and a Myo RXP. The diffuser lens on these lamps makes them really useful for me, and so far I have not found another that gives such a usable wide beam. I have made the switch to a P4 Seoul led in my XP. Recently I also bought an Arctic Light XPG 2000 (Similar to Magicshine but with 5 leds).

I came across this excellent tread recently, and started to wonder if I could modify my XP or RXP to accept the battery package from the Arctic Light. I am planning to buy a few Magicshine extension cables and a step down voltage converter. The original battery case will just be connected when I am not using the Arctic Light battery.

This leaves me with the following questions:
1. In the above thread, the light is run at a higher voltage. I believe this requires a larger heat sink, but the pictures seem to be gone. Does anyone have any pictures on this heat sink mod?

2. I was planning to use a 5v converter. I believe the voltage will be lower due to loss in the cables, will this be okay?

3. The voltage in the Arctic Light battery is 8.4V. Will a voltage converter like this work: http://dx.com/p/dc-12v-to-5v-step-down-power-supply-module-black-149160? Anyone with a better alternative?

4. I am planning to modify my XP lamp, but is it better for some reason to modify the RXP?

Thank you in advance!

Szemhazai

Enlightened
Myo RXP will work brilliantly from single 18650 (there are many headlamps on DX with those battery packs), Myo XP will burn if you try 8,4V on it, using 5V converter will cause a lots of energy looses...