My Sunwayman V10R died after one year of use.

Karavokiris

Newly Enlightened
My Sunwayman V10R, bought on Sept. 2011, suddenly stopped working.
I changed battery (CR123A), cleaned contacts, checked the spring but it's still not working.

I had used this light sparsely and only for 1-2 minutes each time.

Is it anything else I could try to make it working ?

In case nothing happens, any propositions for a really reliable light at this size (1 CR123A, 200-250lm)?

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Have you contacted the dealer you purchased from?

Norm

That would be the first thing I would do as well. If it is still under warranty which I doubt it is since you purchased it over a year ago unless of course this light is under longer warranty. Otherwise, the dealer might have it sent to be repaired at a cost. Only after having talked to your dealer should you decide to buy a new one unless that is your intention.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you try sniffing the inside of the head of the light? If it shorted out, you'd smell something like burnt electronics. If not, might be a switch problem? All else, you can also contact Sunwayman directy for any support issues. [email protected]

Karavokiris

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your replies.
I'll contact the dealer, although the light is no longer under warranty.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
Do you have a multimeter to test the switch for short/open circuit when the light is on/off? If not, try removing the switch and short the battery's negative terminal to the non-anodized inside of the light's body. If it turns on, you'd know its a switch problem and that should be very easy to replace.

Karavokiris

Newly Enlightened
Dimitri I checked the switch with my multimeter and it works o.k.

Therefore the problem must be in the electronics or the led.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you cleaned also the edge of the body? This is a critical issue in my V11R because excess of grease ends up there and prevents the body from making contact with the back of the head.

Karavokiris

Newly Enlightened
Yes Kilovolt, when I cleaned all the contacts I cleaned also the edge of the body and the aluminum contact ring inside the head.

CreeCrazy

Newly Enlightened
Even if its out of warranty. Many times manufacturers want happy repeat customers and will make it right. Or maybe give you a good deal on a new one.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. i noticed the positive contact area inside the head getting loose on mine. had to retighten the screw. maybe you have a contact issue?

Karavokiris

Newly Enlightened
I checked the screw and found it was tight screwed.

I'm convinced now the problem is in the electronics or the led.

Also the dealer from U.K. answered that I should send the light directly to the manufacturer to China and that it will take 2-3 months to get it back.
I estimate that the repair plus shipping cost (Europe to China) will be close to the price of a new flashlight.
The dealer also offered a 15% discount to any new flashlight, so I think I'll take this chance.