Any Problems With Fenix's E25....How Are They Holding Up ??

Aahhyes68

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at buying several of these E25's for gifts and was wondering how they are holding up. I'm concerned about the switch I guess. I'm also looking at the
E21's for just a few $'s less but the specs are better on the E25.

Pull the trigger on them or buy something else in the came price range ? I really like a clicky tailcap.

Thanks,

Steve

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E25's are solid lights, clicky is stiffer than other brands. If you own a Sunwayman or a FourSevens, the clicky is about as beefy as those lights. Good balance between throw and flood, makes good gifts indeed. :)

dhp101

Newly Enlightened
I've given it some moderate use, around the house and as a bike light. No signs of wear or difficulty at all with the switch so far. I am still annoyed by the ~0.5 seconds you need to hold the switch down to turn the light on or off. But it does the job and has prevented accidental lighting, even when bouncing around loose in my bag.

Mode switching and on/off have both been rock solid and predictable.

As a bike light (attached with twofish lock blocks) it's been surprisingly nice. I thought the spot would be a little too bright relative to spill, but the spill is quite bright on its own, and the spot is large enough to turn into a beautifully big oval extending well ahead on the road. In about 5 minutes I made a very high-tech shield out of rolled cardboard lined with aluminum foil that I can slip over the head. With the light pointed far enough forward to make good use of the spot, it's pretty much mandatory to block off the glare to oncoming traffic, and this setup works surprisingly well. As a bonus it reflects a good bit of light onto the front wheel and ground nearby, which makes the bike much more visible from all sides even if it's not much use to the headlight function.