Dereelight xsearcher or Elektro Lumens st-90

LASER9

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to most all these new lights. I do own a DBS V2 and would like something with more throw for hunting and identifying varmints at night. I have been researching and came up with these two lights, XSEARCHER and ST90. I have a field that is approximately 450 yards long and the DBS is not quite bright enough to totally identify the wildlife. Would one of these two mentioned lights work better than the other at this range? I have no experience with either and would accept any recommendations. Thanks!

Dave1988

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I haven't actually got either but I have looked into them both for the exact same reason as you!

I've got the dereelight nightmaster and while it is a great thrower I'm after something that will shine a bit further.

Everyone seems to love the ST90 and apparently the thing is built like an absolute tank and is pretty well priced, on special at the moment too. I think it would well and truly do the job but the only reason I haven't gone for it is it's size- the thing is pretty bulky

There's not a whole lot of info on the xsearcher yet as its a pretty new unit but apparently when using the x-re pill in it the thing will throw an extremely concentrated beam upto 1km. I don't know about you but I don't mind a beam being really tight because when you are using it to look for animal at a big distance it's more than wide enough and it is harder for the animal to figure out where you are,especially if you put a sleeve over the head of you light. When I do this sometimes they come running toward me!
I think the xsearcher will be small enough to mount on a rifle too and it's just over $100.

I am saving for the xsearcher will a modified x-re ez900 r2 pill for rifle mounted light and a saabluster modified tn31 (I've got a stock tn31) with red and green crelant filters for handheld spotting, although I am still liking the look of the st90!
After a fair bit of research I think this will Be the ultimate setup!

Hope this helps!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a ST90. I've never heard of the other one.

All I can tell you for sure is, in terms of throw, Stock TN31< ST90 < saabluster TN31.

The ST90 is a monstrous beast, sure to do the job, but your arm will be tired before the batteries go flat.

Take a serious look at the modified TN31.