What I've learned in a short time visiting CPF

HesNot

Enlightened
What I\'ve learned in a short time visiting CPF

In a very short time I've learned that:

1. I'm not the only one who not only carries a light almost all the time but switches lights depending on the forecast tasks at hand (or carries more than one light based on the possible tasks lying ahead).

2. The Maglite beam really is poor (it only took me getting a CMG Infinity Ultra to finally realize this...)

3. The unofficial motto has proven to be true, as I've managed to accumulate - a CMG Infinity Ultra, an ARC AAA (red), an ARC AAA CPF Edition and an ARC LSH-P to supplement my sorry Maglite collection (mods are the next frontier) all in a remarkably short time. It is a disease.

4. I had no idea how (relatively) uninformed I was prior to visiting CPF about current technology (although I was somewhat wealthier!).

5. It is my duty to pass along my "enlightenment" to the masses through (i) discussing and advocating the forum and the lights to others and (ii) giving better lights as Christmas presents to those who might enjoy them.

I suppose that makes me a disciple in training /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What I\'ve learned in a short time visiting CPF

Great start! Better than most newbies, who's very first question can be answered by one of the answers below.

1) Output and runtime are inversely proportional if everything else is held constant. Meaning there is no flashlight currently available that runs off of AA cells that provides an output powerful enough to throw a beam 200 yards and is the size and weight of a mini-mag. Unless you consider a Laser pointer a flashlight.

2) Most people would be better served with a flood type light instead of a long beam, UNLESS they can clearly state how they NEED a long beam.

3) Nearly everybody ignores #2 and wants it anyway.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif GregR

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
HesNot said:
h I was somewhat wealthier!).

5. It is my duty to pass along my "enlightenment" to the masses through (i) discussing and advocating the forum and the lights to others and (ii) giving better lights as Christmas presents to those who might enjoy them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful with that one they will think your nuts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OddOne

Enlightened

Oh, you're screwed already. The bug has bitten you, the virus courses through your veins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Might as well sell your soul to the modders, as they will ultimately be your destination. It's only a matter of time (and the depth of your wallet). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I broke the tradition... Been building custom lights since the first white LEDs shipped (still have a few of Nichia's NPSW500BS, bought in 1998) and ONLY NOW succumbed to the urge to buy an Infinity Ultra (and, reserved that special event for one of the rare blue Ultras batterystation offered). Still, I have 3D Mags here with MR16 bulbs in 'em, Luxeons and optics and drivers, oh my! all over the place, parts coming and going (coming in via package, going out via either finished light or smoked part), etc.

It's far too late for me, and it sounds like you're already gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oO

Cthelite

Newly Enlightened

I've learned that HesNot, Double A, jtivat and OddOne are all correct... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Whattttt? Are you guys nuts? Uhhh me too - WELCOME TO THE CLUB! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts