new maglite solitaire led problem?

deww

Newly Enlightened
Try a different brand or set of batteries. I had a first generation mag-led 2xAA where the tip didn't make good contact until I swapped out batteries. And also, I didn't know Mag made an LED solitaire.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no experience with the new Maglite LED Solitaire. However, it may have the same tail cap arrangement as the new Mini Maglite 2AAA LED penlight which I have. I applied Nygel to the threads and have experienced no problems thus far.

Do you have the Solitaire's tail cap fully screwed it without any gap between it and the body?

I did notice that the 2AAA penlight's battery tube doesn't become conductive near the very end and contact must be made a few millimeters from the end. I can see how it might become intermittant if the 2 contacts in the tail cap failed to make good contact far enough inside the battery tube.

tam17

Enlightened
I'm not sure if Mag kept the same tailcap-to-body contact configuration on the new Soli, but that strip of bare aluminum inside the body was prone to oxidation in previous incandescent version, together with poor tension of tailcap contact tabs. Try to clean as much as you can with a q-tip and protect the surface with a suitable grease. If nothing helps, return it for warranty repair. Good luck!

Cheers

american

Enlightened
well i stretched me spring to be a bit longer and that has helped for the most part now its 80 percent reliable as opposed to 20. but if its on and i knock into it will go out. and this has been with the included duracell. but i have also try a nihm with the same results

american

Enlightened
for anyone interested this seems to be good now. this is being sold on ebay