Green River Killer pleads guilty, 48 murders......

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a link to the story.... Green River Killer

Those of us who live in Washington State have watched this unfold in the news a long, long time. From the first bodies found to the Green River Killer Task Force being formed to continuing investigations and more bodies being found. Over the years it has had people wanting this guy to be caught and prosecuted. I watched the hearing on T.V this morning.

It's a sad, sad story......what can I say.

Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Green River Killer pleads guilty, 48 murders..

They had this on TV when I got up this morning. I listened to it for about an hour and twenty minutes, then got tired of hearing "guilty" "guilty" "guilty" over and over again, like 48 times. But I'm glad they got him, and he'll be put away for the rest of his life where he'll never hurt another woman again.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait a minute!!! Isn't this the sort of thing that ONLY HAPPENS IN CALIFORNIA????

Face it, every State in this Union has it's own loonies, proportional to it's population.

GregR

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only in California?
Heck, in TX they would of just executed his sorry butt. Mass murders tend to pause about living in Texas, at least the ones with any brains.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Couple of things to remember about this particular case. Think about this for a minute.....he plead guilty to 48 murders. The King County Prosecutor wanted to give this guy the death penalty in a very bad way. However, he also wanted to get more information about the remains of other women Ridgway had murdered. For the families sake he decided to accept the defense team's offer. Also, and this is important......this plea agreement is ONLY good for the murders has has confessed to and ONLY good for those murders he committed in King County.

Ok, what are the possibilities here? Well....*IF* other murders in other jurisdictions are tied to Ridgway he can be tried and sentenced to death. So, the King County Prosecutor did what he thought was best for the families to get closure and some relief emotionally. Though they are not all satisfied, many of them at least understand why it was done this way.

My personal opinion is this......I believe he has murdered other women in other jurisdictions, and that their remains will be found or have already been found and that they will be tied to him. He will eventually be tried and sentenced to death. Even though I would volunteer to do this *expletive deleted* in right now....it probably made sense to do it this way. Hopefully, in the long run justice will be served.

Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Gary Ridgeway just got sentenced to 48 consecutive life terms, without the hope or possibility of parole, and a fine of $480,000.00 for these 48 killings.
I thought he'd get the chair, but I guess not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif