Highest Lumen Rating on Multiple 18650 (or 4pcs max)

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
On all LED flashlights you have come across, which one is the brightest you have that requires 4x18650?

I am in the midst of looking for one that's very bright (>2000 lumen) and uses 4x18650 cells.

Apart from the upcoming Fenix TK75, i am considering Fire Foxes FF3..except FF3 is not using LED. And also Nitecore's TM11.

Am looking for size like what above 3 could give. Appreciate input on any other models. Price range below USD$300.00. Thanks in advance!

troelskc

Newly Enlightened
The Olight X6 sports 6 x XM-L U2's with a external battery pack, which I'm not sure runs on 18650's.

xed888

Enlightened
i heard it has an infinitely variable brightness control ring. built-in charging port too

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyray King maybe. It runs on 4x18650 with 3 XMLs and is supposed to be very bright. Also available with neutral tint emitters if desired, and much cheaper than than a TM11.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the reply.

Am checking out on SupBeam's X40 and currently chatting with SupBeam sales person Chris Huang. Price seems pretty tempting at 3280lmn....

Regardless, are all those brands like SupBeam, UltraFire good? Coz i know UltraFire's are pretty...well, not as good as Fenix. but what about others like Skyray and SupBeam?

So many choices..so little money... :(

keenism

Newly Enlightened
As far as sustained output I think the TK75 will end up champ here. Look at some review's of the other big'uns, they dont stay at 3000 ..let alone 2600 very long at all. Hats off to Fenix if they can keep that 2600 regulated.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Alright guys..this are what i have come across.

Anything above $300 is out. And FireFoxes FF3 is out as well due to the 10-Sec re-strike rule.

But even then, it still leaves me with more than half a dozen choices.

Initially, i am waiting for Fenix's TK75's comparison/review with TM15 and Eye40. But ssbga recommended me SupBeam's X40 and after chatting with their Sales Person..the price including shipping to my place is very tempting.

As far as sustained output I think the TK75 will end up champ here. Look at some review's of the other big'uns, they dont stay at 3000 ..let alone 2600 very long at all. Hats off to Fenix if they can keep that 2600 regulated.
Keenism, i enquired SupBeam's Sales person on sustaining turbo mode of 3280lmn and below is his reply, which is VERY good i would say :
"
the turbo 3280lms can be continued used for 1.2hrs
chat_bg_continue_left_top.gif

and after 1.2hrs then you need recharging the battery"

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
On all LED flashlights you have come across, which one is the brightest you have that requires 4x18650?

I am in the midst of looking for one that's very bright (>2000 lumen) and uses 4x18650 cells.

Apart from the upcoming Fenix TK75, i am considering Fire Foxes FF3..except FF3 is not using LED. And also Nitecore's TM11.

Am looking for size like what above 3 could give. Appreciate input on any other models. Price range below USD$300.00. Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for lumens because you just like lumens, or, did you care what the beam shape was?

I ask, because some of the lights throw the beam out further, so you can see more distant targets, but less at a time as the beams are more concentrated....and some of the lights throw a wall of light out there, like a giant flood light that lights up an entire field, but, can't reach things as far away.

So, if what you are trying to SEE out there is within a certain range...its generally easier TO see if there's a lot of flood, as you see more at a time, rather than looking at a distant spot alone, etc.

Remember that lumens are a way of expressing the total light output...but a 2,000 lumen light can look LESS BRIGHT than a 1,000 lumen light depending upon the beam shapes of both.

What are you trying to SEE?

:D

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Are you looking for lumens because you just like lumens, or, did you care what the beam shape was?

I ask, because some of the lights throw the beam out further, so you can see more distant targets, but less at a time as the beams are more concentrated....and some of the lights throw a wall of light out there, like a giant flood light that lights up an entire field, but, can't reach things as far away.

So, if what you are trying to SEE out there is within a certain range...its generally easier TO see if there's a lot of flood, as you see more at a time, rather than looking at a distant spot alone, etc.

Remember that lumens are a way of expressing the total light output...but a 2,000 lumen light can look LESS BRIGHT than a 1,000 lumen light depending upon the beam shapes of both.

What are you trying to SEE?

:D

thanks for the details TEEJ.
i am looking for a mixture of both flood and throw. It would be best to combine, say, TK41's throw and TK45's flood.
When using it, most probably i wanna lit up a wide area outdoor with as much throw possible.
The only time i would be using it would be either when i am out camping, or during the rare occasion of voluntarily SAR in jungle. So a combination of both would come handy in either situation.

keenism

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing everything looking at his light selection TEEJ :crackup: Armored, i'd wait for a review....I just can't swallow supbeam putting out a flat regulated 3200 lumens for 1.2 hours on 3 cells. Look up a TN30 review by one of the guru's(selfbult, turbobb, and I think HKJ did one) for a guestimate of what the supbeam will do.

xed888

Enlightened

It stays on turbo for 20mins then you have to re select.

keenism

Newly Enlightened
Yes it does, and if it keeps flat regulation switched back up to turbo it isn't an issue.