quark tail cap?

Cru3rd

Newly Enlightened
Dont know if this has been discussed before, but i want a momentary tail cap for my quark tactical with tail standing capabilities. I ordered a turbo tail cap thinking it was exactly what i needed but its a tad larger in its outside diameter. Could i swap the guts of the pro and tactical switch and just use the pro tailcap with tactical switch inside it?

TwitchALot

Enlightened
Dont know if this has been discussed before, but i want a momentary tail cap for my quark tactical with tail standing capabilities. I ordered a turbo tail cap thinking it was exactly what i needed but its a tad larger in its outside diameter. Could i swap the guts of the pro and tactical switch and just use the pro tailcap with tactical switch inside it?

IIRC, you can do this, and a light tap and hold will do momentary (as if you were switching modes on a Pro, but you have to hold it at that intermediate position). But what I prefer to do is this: Cut the finger grip that comes with your Quark at the link between the finger grip and the rest of the band. Slide that circular rubber piece on the tailcap of your Quark. Now you have more grip on your light, and if you need to tailstand, just slide it down and it will act as a circular base that you can tailstand your light on.

adnj

Enlightened
Someone offered a delrin shroud that would do it. Not sure if they are still around. Or maybe have one made.

Cru3rd

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply's, i guess the turbo tail cap will have to work for the time being.