G25C2 MKII owners

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

i want to order this light and wanted to get some input from people who own this light.

1 is there anything you like or don't like about the light ?

2 Do you recommend using CR123's or 18650 is a must. i like to use CR123's and not deal with rechargeable. Wasn't sure if the CR123S will hold the power.

3 Can you use all the 18650's or there are some that don't work.

4 Is the light as bright as they claim it is ?

Thank you Guys

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hah!, another Eagletac thread. The 6th on the front page these days. Amazing..

+ 1, i am interested in the same questions!! I have spotted some deals on this model (maybe it's MkI, i dunno) so who's got the itchy finger?

Me!

fliptwister

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

i want to order this light and wanted to get some input from people who own this light.

2 Do you recommend using CR123's or 18650 is a must. i like to use CR123's and not deal with rechargeable. Wasn't sure if the CR123S will hold the power.

Thank you Guys

I love the light. There are many things I like about about it. The turbo mode is over the top. It really is amazing how bright it is. We were at a field last night and we could see deer 300+ yards out. I have it in regular mode and the 4 levels work very well for my needs. I like the way the light operates with choosing output level by twisting the head and I love the fact that I can choose output level with the light off. I like the build of the light. It is obviously well made.

I have only used CR123s and they have worked well for me. Run times are what i expected. I thought they might rattle but they do not. I have some 18650s on the way. I'm not sure if there are 18650s that do not work. The Eagletac 18650s have got good reviews so that is what I got (3400 mAh).

About the only thing I would change would be having a fifth output level between 75 and 389. Something around 200 would be nice.

Highly recommended!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

henry1960

Enlightened
I love the light. There are many things I like about about it. The turbo mode is over the top. It really is amazing how bright it is. We were at a field last night and we could see deer 300+ yards out. I have it in regular mode and the 4 levels work very well for my needs. I like the way the light operates with the choosing output level by twisting the head and I love the fact that I can choose output level with the light off. I like the build of the light. It is obviously well made.

Highly recommended!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I bought this light a month ago and love it for the same reasons fliptwister just described...I use Orbtronics 18650 3400MAH and get great runtimes with this battery...l also use the regular mode and like fliptwister said the only thing i would change would be the mode 75 - 389 lum...wish they hade 150-200 inbetween...

Highly recommended!

Last edited:

Skelt11

Newly Enlightened
I have the light also and love it. I keep mine in the regular mode like to the other two that posted. I think its a perfect light for a EDC bag to backup my pocket light when I need more power. I run EagleTac 3100MAH batteries in all my lights now, I haven't had to change the battery on this one yet.

The only thing I wish it had was some sort of marking system on the head to let you know what level the light was set too. You can adjust it before you turn it on, but there is not indication what you are set too. You get used to the light so you learn how far to adjust so its not a big deal, but its would be a nice to have feature.

And yes this thing is as bright as they say they it is. Its stupid bright for such a small package. Highly recommended. I'm now a big EagleTac fan. This replaced my Klarus XT11.

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Sounds good guys thanks for the info. Is there a preferred place online to buy this light

I'm in CA

Thanks

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good guys thanks for the info. Is there a preferred place online to buy this light

I'm in CA

Thanks

Lightjunction Ethan had a 20%OFF black friday public coupon code!!

Last edited:

Yourfun2

Enlightened
I was going to get one, but looks like only cool white is available right now.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the G25C2 & G25C2 MKII all in Cool White and this is among the best lights at any price.

The MKII is noticeably brighter.

I use the Eagletac D25LC2 as my everyday pocket light, but for long time use at high output the G25C2 (any version) is what I use. :thumbsup:

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I really like mine, but in the past month or so it has one glitch that really bothers me; Sometimes for no apparent reason in Turbo or low it automatically switches to strobe. I HATE strobe! Ecspecially when I'm using the light in low mode and trying not to bother anyone.

I love the rubber tailcap boot; use it to hold in my teeth for short burts. I also like that you don't have to twist it as far as the Maelstrom G5 light to change modes.

I've alterenated using it back to back with a thrunite scorpion and it's much more reliable. I'm wondering if one of the guys here can make me a custom drop in for it with a new U3. If it's possible I'd change it to .2 lumens, 7 lumens, 80 lumens, 800. Like others have said though, if they were doing a redesign I'd really like to see a 5th or 6th mode put in there (with no strobe to default to when something breaks!). With the incredibly intuitive interface of lights like this I think more modes wouldn't clutter the UI like it does on other types of UI'. I'd also put trits or glow in the dark lines to mark what mode I'm in!

oeL

Newly Enlightened
My opinions...

1 Good quality, brightness, good heat management, low weight, good throw.

2 The G25C2 has the same issues like other combined CR123/18650 lights: Regarding runtime, the CR123 are (for frequent usage) way too expensive and in my eyes a total waste of resources. With 18650s, the brightness decreases as soon as the voltage of the liion drops below that what the emitter needs. BUT: Because of an very efficient driver the brightness stays much longer "full high", compared to other similar lights. See runtime graphs. Take LG ICR18650D1 to have it on full brightness for most of the capacity (one needs to be a bit carefully with unprotected liions - but as the electronics indicate 2,9 V by flashing and the LGs have a rated lower voltage of 3 V you are at least half on the safe side).
This lanyard adapter is a very weak construction, nothing to really trust.

3 Flat tops where the upper plate is very wide - like redilast - will not work. Flat tops with a smaller plate - like the LGs - will work.

4 It is at least as bright as other XM-L U2s. Since the reflector is smooth - no orange pale - the center spot is getting relatively more light. Really impressive how far the light reaches. So it's a cute little thrower, but nothing for a walk at night where you need more side spill.

Ah, and I changed this -25% feature to -9%. It stays cool enough to power it without a break, at least outside walking around.

Hi Guys

Thank you Guys

Last edited:

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
just ordered mine from lightjunction 15 dollars off CYBERMONDAY total with shipping $95 :)

anyone have any type of run times with CR132's

thanks

Last edited: