EagleTac D25A Clicky with tactical momentart tailcap?

Verndog

Enlightened
Do they really exist? Bought a new single A EagleTac that in the description says it has a "Protrude tactical clicky tail-cap with momentary on/off function" when the one I just bought D25LC2 does not. Also going through EagleTac I don't see that option anywhere. I doubt it's an older light unless they upgraded the LED to XM-L (2)??

Bought here...Be here Wednesday.

Either way I'll take it, I'd actually prefer the momentary, and even at the cost of no tailstanding.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HTV80W/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
I think the issue is with that (bad) Amazon description. I have the D25A and researched it extensively before buying and never saw that option offered anywhere. Eagletac does not offer it as far as I know. It's not available on any of the D25 lines. The D25A you purchased should have the exact same UI as the D25LC2 you previously bought. Both are forward clickies...

Great light though! I actually prefer my D25A over my D25C2 due to the true moonlight mode it has.

Cheers!

Verndog

Enlightened
I think the issue is with that (bad) Amazon description...

Pretty much what I thought, except all the other parts of description appear accurate. I saw the momenary tail cap available on another series, I believe the P series IIRC. I was curious if you could custom order that way, or maybe someone did and canceled and now they are selling? Anyway, I'll take it either way, as EagleTac was out of stock on them.

atxlight

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac definitely has tactical/momentary switches on other lines, just not D25* models as far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong). The D25A has the forward clicky switch built into the body and it does not have a separate removable tail cap so they would have to produce an entirely different body to deliver a tactical switch. Unless someone is modding it with a tactical switch I don't think it's available that way at all. If it is please let me know so I can order one too!

Verndog

Enlightened
Eagletac definitely has tactical/momentary switches on other lines, just not D25* models as far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong). The D25A has the forward clicky switch built into the body and it does not have a separate removable tail cap so they would have to produce an entirely different body to deliver a tactical switch. Unless someone is modding it with a tactical switch I don't think it's available that way at all. If it is please let me know so I can order one too!

On the D25LC2 I just bought the tailcap with switch unscrews off the end of the body. If another momentary type cap in that thread size was available it could screw right in. That said, whatever firmware controls the 1/2 press to make it go into momentary would need to change also I would think. Anyway, I'll let you know if it does come that way Wednesday.

Verndog

Enlightened
The new light came in today and it's definitely not a tactical tailcap. As suspected it was an error in item description.

Awesome light and very happy with it. If I want a tactical tailcap single A I'll grab one of my Fenix E11's...they are now my backup EDC.