Where do you store your flashlight collection

martindb

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

I'm just wondering where everyone keeps their flashliht collection?

When I started to gather lights, I used a old Dewalt tool bag which would happyly hold 15 lights in their holsters.

Now I have over 20 and more on the way, I'm wondering should I just get a bigger bag or could I borrow some inspiration form where you guys keep yours.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I place flashlights in every room I am in for more than say 60 seconds. I used to live in a city that interrupted electric service almost on a twice daily occurance. My puter room gets the lions share of lights with 10 currently sitting around.

passive101

Enlightened
Kitchen 1x, bathroom 1x, living room 1x, bedroom 2x, car 1x, coat 1x, jacket 1x, keys 1x, pocket 1x

I do not fear the dark :candle:

...or maybe I do and that's why I have the lights

Last edited:

Zigo45

Newly Enlightened
Like most others have said I keep a few laying around just about everywhere. Kitchen, nightstand, car, jacket, ect. Some of the lights that dont see as much use and some spare parts I keep in the safe.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's definitely more of a distribution than a collection. I keep them wherever lights might be needed. Car, desk, jacket, night stand, bathroom shelf, Pants Pocket, camp kit, and with friends, family.

pwhite87

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

I'm just wondering where everyone keeps their flashliht collection?

When I started to gather lights, I used a old Dewalt tool bag which would happyly hold 15 lights in their holsters.

Now I have over 20 and more on the way, I'm wondering should I just get a bigger bag or could I borrow some inspiration form where you guys keep yours.

I have come to understand that everyone will store and use lights however they see fit, but I can't help but wonder why you would want 15 lights or so in a tool bag. Like others have said, a few in the truck, jacket pocket, bedside, shelf in basement and so on. 20 lights! With more on the way??? Thats a collection in the making! Cheers!

LightCrazy

Enlightened
WOW. LD22 is by my bed. A couple of more lights in a box by my bedroom door in case of emergency. PD32 on my belt at all times. A couple of cheaper "AA" lights in the living room ro kids to look under the couch for their lost stuff. A couple of 18650 lights in the basement on the workbench. A PolyTac LED in my car. Several more at work (LE). It would be nice to keep all the lights in a nice padded case, but I keep them where I may need them most. The better lights are at least stored in a sheath/holster.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man I've got lights everywhere. You can hardly look around and not see a flashlight in our house. With over 50 battery powered lighting devices in the family, there's not too many places to hide em.

I've got about 11 next to my bed. That's probably the biggest concentration. There's a couple by the computer, one by the piano, another couple in the kitchen. There's at least three in each car, and a couple more in the workshop and laundry. The kids have two or three each in their rooms, and one on each keychain. Also a Quark 2x123 Tactical that lives in whatever pants I'm wearing.

I keep three in my EDC bag too. Fenix PD20, PD32 and an E11. All with spare cells. Oh yeah, there's an HL21 in there too. It comes in handy now and then.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Some in my top dresser drawer, couple on the nightstand, couple in the kitchen on a shelf, couple in the kitchen in a drawer, some in a toolbox in a closet in the dining room, usually 2 in my pockets, if winter I might have one in an inside coat pocket and possibly the car. Oh, and I'm sure there are several in my kids' rooms under this and that...:sssh:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For a few years I tried to keep them semi-neatly organized. But I soon ran out of space and tired trying to keep up with the herd. Now they're just all over the place.

Geoff