What single AAA lights can use a Chap Stick cap as a diffuser?

gsr

Enlightened
I know that the 4Sevens P01, Fenix E01, and the Letherman S2 can all use a Chap Stick cap as a diffuser, but I'm wondering what other single AAA lights can do the same. The Inova XS head is a bit too big to work. So I have come here to draw on the experience and wisdom of the members of this forum to find this tidbit of information, because I can't afford to buy an example of every single AAA light out in the market.:)

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
itp A3/ olight i3 should work too...same exact head dia/design! I can swap the olight head to my preon head if i want more "grip"

Patriot

Flashaholic
Maratac Original) fall-off-loose
Preon 1) semi-loose
L0D Original) semi-loose
L0D post LuxIII) perfect
New Maratac) perfect
ITP) perfect
I3) perfect
Thrunite Ti) perfect-tight
Microstream) Super-tight

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
itp A3/ olight i3 should work too...same exact head dia/design! I can swap the olight head to my preon head if i want more "grip"

Yep, just tried it, and it works. I have edc'd this light on my keychain for a couple of years & didn't even realize a chapstick cap would fit on it.....nice.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
With the small amount of light AAA lights put out can you actually see much light through one of those white chapstick caps?

gsr

Enlightened
With the small amount of light AAA lights put out can you actually see much light through one of those white chapstick caps?

Yes, you do get a usable amount of light through the cap. You get a soft area light, which can be more useful than a spot light at times. The use of a cap can also allow a light to be used in a candle mode that it wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
Yes, you do get a usable amount of light through the cap. You get a soft area light, which can be more useful than a spot light at times. The use of a cap can also allow a light to be used in a candle mode that it wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

Yup. It does tone down the light a bit if you're using the regular white caps. I have a transparent cap from one of my sisters chapstick tubes (special? idk?). I covered it in some textured diffuser film and it works great!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried it last night, and it does work surprisingly well in my ITP A3 EOS/Olight i3 on low, medium, and high. It stretched out my chapstick cap a little though.

gearhead1972

Newly Enlightened
I tried this last night with my ITP A3 upgrade and the tube that krazy glue comes in. Makes a great little diffuser/wand

Latest posts