What to do with spare E2E body...

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have decided to put my KL1 onto my E1E, this leaves me with a spare E1E bezel and a spare E2E body.

I would like to have a light with more "throw". I currently have a L4 which has a great flood.

Question 1: Is the E1 bezel the same as the E2 bezel? Can I buy a MN02 or MN03 to use with the E1 bezel and the E2 body?

Question 2: I would prefer a "led" solution, is there available a "led head" that can be used on the E2 body that will give comparable total output of the L4 but does a better job at distance illumination?

--Jerry

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question 2: Not off the shelf, but you could ask one of our CPF modders and they might be able to put in a better quality Luxeon for you into a KL4/KL1 head, and I think if you changed the optics (Fraen IIRC), it gives a tighter spot and better throw as well.

alberto

Enlightened
I had the exact same dilemma and solved it with a P61 bulb (120 lumens) mod that I bought from this_is_nascar. I don't know if he still sells them but, if not, you can do your own mod using the instructions on this web pageusing your E1e head as the host.

This is a great use for your E2e body, looks stock, and produces one of the brightest, longest throwing lights for its size.

For more information, there have been many discussions on this board of this great mod. Just do a search on "P61" or "E2e/P61"

roguesw

Enlightened
If you want a led solution, it would be the mclux pr head, it will throw further than the L4, its the longest throwing head for its size and now with the new Luxeon III's out already, u can get the brightest ones too, or alternatively, go with a 5watter, the choice of build is up to you, and it just screws onto the e2e body.
parts available from
http://www.anlighten.com/shop/default.php

Cheers
Des

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto. Get a McLux PR head. It's the LED Turbohead for the E series lights.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grayfox,
It seems that you've solved your problem. What a coincidence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif