Baglight LED light for purses

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good idea, but don't buy 'em! Use a Velcro circle to attach a Photon-type light (or better yet, a $1 Countycomm light) to the inside of the purse/bag. Very neat holiday gift idea!

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Phaserburn: not sure why you deleted your previous post, but I thought it was a good idea: using Velcro stick-on buttons to attach a coin-cell LED light to the inside of a purse for a brief blast of light. I'm going to try that on my briefcase.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the article. Now I'm trying to find out where to buy them. It's absolutely perfect for my girlfriend. She always has trouble finding things in her purse, and thinks I'm obsessed about flashlights.

I'm hoping that these are designed to create an area light as opposed to the typical directional light of a Photon style light.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
velcro_and_light_no_back_merged.gif

Hopefully it is a diffused LED, but it doesn't appear to be.
I put a 70° diffused LED in a Photon II, to attach to the lanyard of my GPS. It works very very well. An even, artifact free flood of light.
My LED has a milky white tint.

I got it here.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If your LED has a milky white diffusant in its case, and outputs a 70° beam, it's probably a Nichia NSPW515BS.
I believe I have them on my white LED page.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey, great idea! Now to buy one of those $1 lights from CountyComm and two 10-cent pieces of Velcro...

Actually the $10 price is quite reasonable ($7.95 + $2 shipping).

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Taglight (smaller than a Photon, albeit a tad "fatter") attached to a keychain that is clipped to my carry-all bag. The short keychain length allows the light to reach different pockets in the bag without having to remove the light (less chance of losing it).

I was thinking about getting one of those retractable ID holders for even longer reach, but haven't done so (yet). The Taglight has an opaque LED cover that protects the bulb and diffuses the "glare" of the LED. The one significant drawback of this light is the extremely soft switch.

Latest posts