LSH-P just arrived! Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HesNot

Enlightened
OK - my new LSH-P just arrived at work and of course I had to "feed" it and check it out. My first impression after turning the lights off in my office and comparing it to the CMG Infinity Ultra I have in my pocket today is WHOA!

Someone said there is not comparison and there really isn't, for all the obvious reasons - brightness, whiteness, throw, beam quality, power/size ratio, etc... They are two different lights at radically different price points with different purposes (long run time task light versus very bright short use light). However, I have nothing else to compare it to other than my xenon bulb Pelikan 3c light which is about the brightest light I own, so it unfairly gets placed alongside the CMG.

Anyway, the anodizing is flawless, the switch is firmer than I'd expected but works perfectly. All in all, it is an extremely well made light in an unbelievably small body. I really can't get over how small it is compared to the light it produces.

Thanks Peter for a great product! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that's the exact same thing that I thought when I got my LSL-S. I would suggest trying to get one of the twisty packs for it if they are still available. If you think it is small with the clicky pack, wait until you see it with the twisty. Let's just say wow!
Jeff

Mattman

Enlightened
I told you it was going to be a dim apples to bright apples comparison! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think you'll find that the two lights compliment each other very well. I don't have an Ultra (I've got an AA and AAA to go with my LSH-P), but you'll find that you use the Ultra when you're not going to need a lot of light or don't want to disturb others with your blinding little LSH-P. You really need a matching set though. You should get an AAA to go with your LS. All the cool people are doing it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HesNot

Enlightened
Mattman - you were right on the money - I just had no idea (yeah I'm still a newbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Also - I'm one step ahead of you, my Arc AAA CPF Edition shipped out today (along with a 2xAA pack for the LS...) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I've been officially bitten! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

HesNot

Enlightened
"All the cool people..." is sort of the corollary to "the first one is free" - perhaps Peter ought to run a first AAA is free special to get people hooked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mattman

Enlightened
I'm glad it worked out for you. I think your next discovery will be when you see how tiny the AAA is next to your Ultra. I'm betting you'll be amazed that it puts out about the same amount of light, but is so much smaller. Yup, that's my latest prediction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That 2AA pack is nice as well. I use my LS with that most of the time...I find that I use it much more frequently when it's configured with the NIMH's in the 2AA pack rather than the 123 pack. If I'm going to EDC the LS, I'll switch to the 123 pack for the size. It's kind of strange how the LS seems like a totally different light with the 2AA pack on it - not a bad thing, just different.

HesNot

Enlightened
Mattman - I talked to Peter yesterday when I ordered the 2AA pack and he agreed that the LS works really well with NIMHs. I happen to have 4 AA Energizer NIMHs that I bought to use with my digital camera, but the camera drained them almost instantaneously (it only likes lithiums). So they've been sitting in a drawer along with the charger. Since my LS will become my walking the dog light (among other things) the NIMHs will definitely be an inexpensive way to keep the LS in action. I can EDC it that way as well in my briefcase (and keep the AAA in my pocket).

I'll let you know my thoughts on the AAA when it arrives (and I'll remember who made the prediction this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

HesNot

Enlightened
Oh yeah, I already have a AAA with a red led in it (great for late night checking on my toddler son) and it is a really small package. The form factor was a big issue in me getting the CPF AAA - the Ultra is already too big to tote around (although with a longer runtime). I wear a suit to work every day so the size is a big issue.

Slowly but surely I can see the Ultra getting a lithium and ending up in my car on a permanent basis (which isn't a bad place for it really).

Status
Not open for further replies.