Malkoff        

Thread: Enter key not working

Default Enter key not working

For some reason, on multiple computers, my Enter key is not working. Well, it IS working, but not separating the lines.For example, this should be on the third line.^ This should be down two more lines.Any ideas? (I'm now typing on the 8th line but it will probably all be one continuous paragraph!)

Default Re: Enter key not working

Rather than use Questions/Problems/Suggestions forum, a forum for CPF board concerns, I've moved this thread to the Cafe.

There seems to be a problem with the forum. I view the forum on an iPad and a number of the icons are not working as they should or not working at all. The 'current' icon, for instance, will not work unless I touch the extreme right edge of it. The 'exit' icon will not work at all in landscape orientation but will work in portrait orientation. I use the Forum Runner app if that has anything to do with it.

There is no problem with the forum, I suggest you look a little closer to home for your solution. - Norm

Something's up. I have an iPhone 5, home computer, laptop, and computer at work. They are all completely different ranging from IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Windows Vista, Windows 7, differnet ISP, on and on....No recent updates, changes, viruses, software installed, nothing...this problem happens with any computer I use.

The problem is present in my home also......Firefox desktop and Safari iPad2.

When I touch the return key twice on the iPad, the cursor drops one line and a p appears.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Manually adding < br > (without the spaces) is the only way I can add breaks.

Test - after two "brs"

Test after another two "brs"

Definitely no problem here, WIN 7, Firefox 16.0.2

Norm

Posting with my iPhone using Tapatalk.

No problem here!

Return button working just fine.

Now posting with iPhone using Safari.

Again no problem.

Return button working as it should.

Now testing with iPad 2...

Return button works fine... no paragraph symbol.

Sorry guys... Can't duplicate any of your issues

Flashaholic*

Atleastyourspacebarworks...

Just kidding.

I'm on an iPad and I find that I have to hit the B button twice every time I reply to a post or else my on-screen keyboard drops away after every letter. Annoying. It doesn't happen when i quote someone, though. Sometimes, when I start a new paragraph the first letter does not automatically capitalize, but, if I backspace over it, my shift key highlights and all I have to do is to type the letter again and it's capitalized. Strange.

I can work around these issues and I proof read everything before I post it anyway, but, it's just annoying having to do a bunch of corrections after writing a long post that, in the past, on the same iPad, I never had to do.

Testing line 1
    Line 2
    Line 3

Return key is working fine for me on the forum. However I think my Escape key is malfunctioning. I keep pressing it but I'm still here.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    For some reason, on multiple computers, my Enter key is not working. Well, it IS working, but not separating the lines.For example, this should be on the third line.^ This should be down two more lines.Any ideas? (I'm now typing on the 8th line but it will probably all be one continuous paragraph!)
    I've recently noticed this on different forums too. This is on IE 10 on Windows 8. If I use compatibility mode it works fine.

Trouble here: Can't find the press any key.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Trouble here: Can't find the press any key.

~ Chance
    Yeah, I love it when you get the error message on startup - "Can Not Find Keyboard, Press Any Key To Continue"
    "People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."