Enter key not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

markr6

Flashaholic
For some reason, on multiple computers, my Enter key is not working. Well, it IS working, but not separating the lines.For example, this should be on the third line.^ This should be down two more lines.Any ideas? (I'm now typing on the 8th line but it will probably all be one continuous paragraph!)

Empath

Flashaholic
Rather than use Questions/Problems/Suggestions forum, a forum for CPF board concerns, I've moved this thread to the Cafe.

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
There seems to be a problem with the forum. I view the forum on an iPad and a number of the icons are not working as they should or not working at all. The 'current' icon, for instance, will not work unless I touch the extreme right edge of it. The 'exit' icon will not work at all in landscape orientation but will work in portrait orientation. I use the Forum Runner app if that has anything to do with it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
There is no problem with the forum, I suggest you look a little closer to home for your solution. - Norm

markr6

Flashaholic
Something's up. I have an iPhone 5, home computer, laptop, and computer at work. They are all completely different ranging from IE8, IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Windows Vista, Windows 7, differnet ISP, on and on....No recent updates, changes, viruses, software installed, nothing...this problem happens with any computer I use.

markr6

Flashaholic
Manually adding < br > (without the spaces) is the only way I can add breaks.

Test - after two "brs"

Test after another two "brs"

Greta

Flashaholic
Posting with my iPhone using Tapatalk.

No problem here!

Return button working just fine.

Greta

Flashaholic
Now posting with iPhone using Safari.

Again no problem.

Return button working as it should.

Greta

Flashaholic
Now testing with iPad 2...

Return button works fine... no paragraph symbol.

Sorry guys... Can't duplicate any of your issues :shrug:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atleastyourspacebarworks...

Just kidding.

I'm on an iPad and I find that I have to hit the B button twice every time I reply to a post or else my on-screen keyboard drops away after every letter. Annoying. It doesn't happen when i quote someone, though. Sometimes, when I start a new paragraph the first letter does not automatically capitalize, but, if I backspace over it, my shift key highlights and all I have to do is to type the letter again and it's capitalized. Strange.

I can work around these issues and I proof read everything before I post it anyway, but, it's just annoying having to do a bunch of corrections after writing a long post that, in the past, on the same iPad, I never had to do.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Testing line 1
Line 2
Line 3

Return key is working fine for me on the forum. However I think my Escape key is malfunctioning. I keep pressing it but I'm still here. :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
For some reason, on multiple computers, my Enter key is not working. Well, it IS working, but not separating the lines.For example, this should be on the third line.^ This should be down two more lines.Any ideas? (I'm now typing on the 8th line but it will probably all be one continuous paragraph!)

I've recently noticed this on different forums too. This is on IE 10 on Windows 8. If I use compatibility mode it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.