preon p2 works with no tail cap installed?

american

Enlightened
new four sevens preon 2 it will light up with 2 batteries in and no tail cap at all if i tap it or shake it any ideas? somehow its completing a circuit with the tail even installed. i seem to be having the erratic problems typical of these lights with the click switch. but i noticed it does this. this is the black model with the titanium tail and head matte finish. are these two problems related?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
On some AAA batteries, the wrapper does not quite go all the way to the negative end. The exposed metal can touch the internal threads at the tail.

EDIT: The click switch problem is usually fixed by tightening the retainer ring but one of my Preon 2s had a bad switch. It would only operate if I loosened the retaining ring. 4Sevens sent me a free replacement on warranty.

Last edited:

american

Enlightened
would the battery problem give me any connection problem? i took the reatining rings and all the switch things out and cleaned the contacs with alcohol and it seems to work now im thinking the switch wasnt seated all the way down.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it worked with no tailcap, then your batteries are the problem.

Latest posts