Did those that bought the TN31 or TN30 bundle have any problems with any lights?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All.

Did any CPFers that bought TN31 or TN30 bundles have any problems with any of their lights?

I am asking this because there seems to be quite a few people on CPF that have received faulty lights in their "bundle" that was on offer by Thrunite.

If you had any problems with your bundle at all please let us know so we can get an idea of just how widespread it was.

If there were a lot of faulty lights sent out during this Bundle (or Christmas) Sale that would reflect poorly on Thrunite's "QUALITY CONTROL" procedures.

The Bundle Deal offer was really well taken up by a lot of us that could not resist such a good deal.

I bought the TN31 bundle as well and I have had no problems at all yet with either light.

I have had no problems at all with either the original TN31 that I bought when it first came out or the TN31 bundle that I bought recentlyl

I also bought the Saab modded TN31 and it still works very well indeed as I have found out in the bush especially where it can stretch it's legs.

The TN31 is a great thrower in it's own right before modding but I just wanted something "modded" to compare my original TN31 to in throw.

I am not piling stuff on Thrunite at all by asking this question, but this particular "sale" seems to have had a "very bad outcome" for some of those that took up the "Bundle Deal" offers.

CHEERS

Last edited by a moderator:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems "REALLY STRANGE" that I have seen so many people writing about the problems in lights that they had received in their Thunite "BUNDLE DEAL" purchases and yet nobody has been able to say anything in this thread specifically asking about problems with ""ANY" of the lights they received from Thunite during either the original "BUNDLE DEAL" offers or the "CHRISMAS DEAL" offers as they are called now.

I have had no problems in any of the Thrunite TN31s that I have including the "original" TN31 that I bought when it first came out or the lights in the "BUNDLE DEAL" offer that I just bought myself.

Maybe I was imagining all of the "ONLINE CHATTER" that I saw in posts that were in several Lighting Forums stating that those buyers had "BAD OUTCOMES" with their purchases from the "Thrunite Bundle Deal" sales!

I will have to wait and see "who shows their head above water" in this quest to find "UNHAPPY BUNDLE BUYERS" and work out just how widespread this problem is and what "specifically" was wrong or faulty with their lights.

CHEERS

pageyjim

Enlightened
I ordered the TN31 bundle. Finish on the bezel is a little poor it seems to me. I had a couple instances when I turned it on and it would turn on then shut off and not be able to turn on again without taking out the battery holder and reinserting it. After a couple instances it hasn't happened again. I haven't used it all that much. I may be happier with the free AA light actually. I have the TN30 and the TN31 I may have enough Thrunite for my collection if you know what I mean.

Mar

Newly Enlightened
I have the original TN31 and the single deal TN30 and bought are working fine. Maybe it is just my imagination but seems like I don't get instant turbo and I'm using Keeppower 3400 in it.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its true that some people are having issues with inferior lights sold during the bundle deals, then I feel a little bit guilty because I actually started a thread here informing people that this deal was on.....

I didnt partake of the bundle deals myself because I already own a TN30, and I although I almost bought the TN30 bundle, I talked myself out of it because although the TN31 is undoubtedly a great thrower, I already own a TK41 and other mid sized throwers, and I dont really use the TK41 all that often anyway.

But I must say that my non-bundle TN30 bought about 5 months ago works fine. On Max it kinda ramps up in brightness as opposed to coming on all at once. It takes a few seconds to get to full brightness, but I believe that was mentioned somewhere as normal behavior for that light though...

Mar

Newly Enlightened
That is how itis working, ramps up but otherwise it is fine. I use these lights among other one for these contests I do so sometimes I need a thrower, sometimes just a flood is all that is needed.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its true that some people are having issues with inferior lights sold during the bundle deals, then I feel a little bit guilty because I actually started a thread here informing people that this deal was on.....

I didnt partake of the bundle deals myself because I already own a TN30, and I although I almost bought the TN30 bundle, I talked myself out of it because although the TN31 is undoubtedly a great thrower, I already own a TK41 and other mid sized throwers, and I dont really use the TK41 all that often anyway.

But I must say that my non-bundle TN30 bought about 5 months ago works fine. On Max it kinda ramps up in brightness as opposed to coming on all at once. It takes a few seconds to get to full brightness, but I believe that was mentioned somewhere as normal behavior for that light though...

Don't feel bad or sorry for starting a thread on the "Thrunite Bundle Deals".

I am happy with my "Thrunite TN31 Bundle" and I have not found any problems in either of the lights yet.

The "vast majority" of these buyers are probably "over the moon" with their purchase at that "low" price.

You were "only the messenger" and everyone has to make purchases on an "Informed" basis and these Forums are just that, an information base of Reviews and discussion by those that have more experience with lights or those that have already bought the very light that you were contemplating buying.

Of course there is always a lot of speculation and opinions as well as the really good and accurate information to be found on all Forums.

You just have to dig deep and widely to make an "Informed Decision" on what to purchase.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I had many smaller lights in the TN range in this bundle deal. All came up in perfect condition except one TN12. It never could start up. I asked for a replacement and they sent another one just after the day I asked. The new one was working perfectly. Yesterday I tried the other one again, hopeless, and guess what, it started working too :).

So they are all perfectly working now. I guess it was just some tolerances or gaps needed to bed in. I hope your lights have such small problems, too.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had trouble with my TN31, the light was unreliable, sometimes it did not turn on no matter what mode I tried, then in frustration just left it on the table, come back a few minutes later and it misteriously started working, other times there was a very dim flash and didn't work, I opted to send it back for replacement and have not had any more problems with the replacement TN31, It is a BEAST of a light! I have no regrets buying it, ThruNite and specially Illumination Supply were very professional and fast in solving my problem.

I would not hesitate to purchase a new light from them. BTW I read something about a future model TN35 in a chinese forum (not much information) is this the new monster light that is in the works?

AlexGT

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had trouble with my TN31, the light was unreliable, sometimes it did not turn on no matter what mode I tried, then in frustration just left it on the table, come back a few minutes later and it misteriously started working, other times there was a very dim flash and didn't work, I opted to send it back for replacement and have not had any more problems with the replacement TN31, It is a BEAST of a light! I have no regrets buying it, ThruNite and specially Illumination Supply were very professional and fast in solving my problem.

I would not hesitate to purchase a new light from them. BTW I read something about a future model TN35 in a chinese forum (not much information) is this the new monster light that is in the works?

AlexGT

There are quite a few people around that received problem lights during the "Bundle Deal" sales.

Those "Bundle Deals" are mostly still available but Thrunite has changed the name of the "deals" on the website to "Christmas Deals" now.

Some people speculated that Thrunite was throwing in some stock that was sub-standard, but then Thrunite would still have to fix any faults found in the Thrunite lights under warranty as buyers found them. :shrug:

You sound like you were lucky to have received a pretty quick service in getting a new light sent to you.

Maybe there is hope for the Flashlight Industry afterall
but there are some really "SHONKY" (untrustworthy) dealers :devil: out there as well!

CHEERS

Last edited:

sbbsga

Enlightened
The TN30 NW I purchased from the awesome deal turned out better than my first TN30 - the control ring has lesser free play. :)

pageyjim

Enlightened
The TN30 NW I purchased from the awesome deal turned out better than my first TN30 - the control ring has lesser free play. :)

What do you think that means? Does it mean that Thrunite QC improved when they lowered prices or is it just the luck of the draw?

Sherbona

Newly Enlightened
Hi all - I recently bought the T31 bundle and also the T30 'deal' and have no complaints with either purchase. Both are working well and are a lot of fun.

sbbsga

Enlightened
What do you think that means? Does it mean that Thrunite QC improved when they lowered prices or is it just the luck of the draw?

I have no idea because the ring free play on my TN31 is lesser than my first TN30 too which was purchased together almost half a year ago.

The free play did not cause any trouble, in case anybody was wondering.

Sent using Tapatalk HD.

arn357

Newly Enlightened
I pulled the trigger late on the bundled deal. While most TN31's were shipped from the US (if you were ordering from the US) mine was sent from China instead. I had a TN31 with a gritty control ring. The control ring was so gritty that turning it would twist the head off. The rest of the light was in perfect condition. I sent a email to Thrunite service and the email was promptly answered in a day. I was instructed to return ship my defective TN31 to Craig at IS who also emailed right away and said he would personally hand inspect my replacement before shipping out to me. I had the replacement in my hands in less than a week.

The only other issue I have is with the battery carrier but I can live with it. My carrier has to be inserted into the battery tube with the (2) springs on the battery carrier facing towards the head of the light in order for the light to work. Haven't a clue why this happening, maybe the carrier needs to be disasembled, scrubbed down and cleaned? Haven't had time to do this yet.

Inserting the battery carrier the other way (1) spring facing the head of the light and the light will not work at all. Like I said I can live with this.

BTW, I was refunded my return shipping cost to Craig at IS from China after numerous emails to Thrunite in China. Craig at IS had nothing to do with return shipping cost other than shipping me my replacement unit.

Last edited: