Fenix bike mount as gun light mount

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll start off by saying I'm not sure if this belongs here so if it doesn't mod please put it where it should go. Anyways, I was on Fenix's website and saw their bike mount. I got to studying it and I had the thought of whether it would work for a gun light mount. I have a utg LED light that I had on my 12ga shotgun until the mag tube extension rings I was using let loose and don't hold tight anymore. I'm looking for a new mount but most are 20-30 bucks and the bike mount is only about 13. so do any of ya'll have the bike mount? If so does it stay tight and do you think it would hold up to the recoil?

Here is the mount:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JRHG2/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Here is the light:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NO0SQ2/?tag=cpf0b6-20

P.S. The light is really good by the way and has a good hot spot as well as spill. It will easily light up people and animals out to 100yds and then reflect off things I would say up to 200yds. It has been on my shotgun for probably 200-300 rounds of birdshot, slugs, and 3" magnum loads. Knock on wood never had any trouble out of it.

tbutter

Newly Enlightened
I've used this mount on bikes and was never impressed the thumb screws do stay tight, but the mech in the middle which allows the mount to swivel was never tight.

It just basicly has a sort of detent that clicks as you swivel the light every 10 degrees or so and is pretty jiggley and particularly noisy

For a cheap and simple design look for a twofish lockblock mount for a bike pump. its basicly a rubber block with a velcro strap and you can really crank it tight

Quiksilver

Enlightened
As far as I know, the mount is polycarb (plastic).

Not smart to have a plastic mount attached to barrel which can get pretty hot. Maybe a home-defense system where you arent going to put many bullets down range, but if you are, the plastic is going to melt.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
I have that mount - too fragile for a shotgun. Are you going to mount the light on the mag tube?

tam17

Enlightened
I'm using Fenix mount on my Scott mountain bike. It's definitely not sturdy enough to serve as a weapon mount. Get something purpose-made.

Cheers

plaguem

Enlightened
thought i'd chime in here a bit. just my 2 cents but to be honest i have to say that the fenix mount isn't even all that sturdy as a bike mount, so i'd imagine it'll make an awkward weapons mount. rattles and snaps all over the place for me.