So, I ordered some flashlights...

USPS-sending-my-package-to-CA-2.gif

:banghead:

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:

That's funny George!

Well, they DID show up TODAY but yeah, I thought it was funny as hell and goes in line
with what I think about them :)

Here's what I bought nonsence

• [*]Item: OLIGHT-I3-RED : BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! OLIGHT i3 LED Flashlight with 70 Lumen Cree XP-G R5 LED - Multiple Colors - Uses 1 x AAA (Included)
    Options: Select A Color = Red (Small and bright)

[*]Item: SUNWAYMAN-C20C-U2 : BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL! SUNWAYMAN C20C Tomahawk LED Flashlight with CREE XM-L U2 LED - 450 Lumens - Uses 2 x CR123A or 1 x 18650
  • Item: TERRALUX-TLF-3X3AA : TerraLUX TriStar - 2.5 Watt LED Magnetic Flashlight (Not bright but magnetic)
  • Item: NITEIZE-SLG17-06-02 : Nite Ize SpotLit LED Keychane Carabiner Light in Eco Packaging - Lime Plastic/White LED (SLG17-06-02)

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either that or my geography is messed up :)

They're idiots.

They trashed one of my packages a few months ago and I'm still waiting for the claim.

UPS or Fedex or one of those, all you do is call them up, give them the tracking number and they usually
pay up. These idiots have to torture you and ask for stuff that's really not all that relevant.

If you look on their claims info online, they say that they can take anywhere from 28-180 days to pay up :(

As soon as they told me that I had to go and show the package to the people at my local post office,
I knew I was screwed as the woman that would be looking at it is totally anal and acts like it would be coming
out of her pocket :(

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
No wonder they keep going broke. They took a 5,000 mile detour to your house.

Its the reverse actually. Their going broke because of a lame 2006 law that siphons 5B a year from their operation. This artificial drain on resources is creating operational difficulties (mistakes).

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, sounds like what they did to my AW IMRs...twice the transit time...besides that, if i may be so bold asbto guess where you ordered from...Harris Decoys??

BatteryJunction but of course, this doesn't reflect on them. I sent them the screen capture hoping they'd get a bit of a laugh out of it :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its the reverse actually. Their going broke because of a lame 2006 law that siphons 5B a year from their operation. This artificial drain on resources is creating operational difficulties (mistakes).

Well, I have no clue about that but I know that the USPS sucks!

markr6

Flashaholic
USPS lets me down time after time. On the other hand, UPS is just crazy - I've never had a delayed delivery or mixup in over 10 years of online ordering, and I order a lot! Sometimes they even delivery early! No problems with FedEx either.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I told the lady on the phone at their claims department that if UPS or someone else did SMALL stuff cheap, I'd never set foot at the post office
AND, that might just damn happen.

markr6

Flashaholic
hell yeah, yet again...

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 12/03/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Tuesday, 12/04/2012, By End of Day

nbp

Flashaholic
You guys must tick off your mail carriers. I have never had a problem with USPS services.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, my mailman is awesome and he even calls me when he has packages for me. Nope, it's not him, it's the USPS in general I have a problem with.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Similar thing with mine. Ordered from 4sevens (Georgia) and the package decided to hang out in Billings, Montana then finally it got bored and went home to Southern CA.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, those adorable little packages. You never know what they're up to :)

I once sent an overnight (or rather, two days) DHL to Sweden and they decided to take the shortcut over Moscow or something (don't quite remember) and then instead of rerouting it from there,
they brought it all the way back to the US only to THEN send it to Sweden.

All this for $50 or so...

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Live example from UPS:

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Ontario, CA, United States 11/30/2012 9:15 P.M.Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 11/30/2012 3:38 P.M.Departure Scan
11/30/2012 1:30 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/30/2012 12:13 P.M.Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 11/30/2012 9:33 P.M.Departure Scan
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong 11/29/2012 12:44 P.M.Pickup Scan
Hong Kong 11/29/2012 6:07 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It's headed for Oregon.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! It's getting some killer frequent flyer miles...

At this rate, your next package to Borneo should be free...

Status
Not open for further replies.