Time for a New CPF ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodmeister

Enlightened
I know Peter is very busy, but I'm hankering for a new CPF Edition ARC AAA. I have the the green one from a couple years ago, but didn't get this year's red one because of the color.

How about a blue one for 2004?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The blue one was the 2002 CPF edition... I don't know what color the 2004 one will be. I didn't know there was a green CPF Arc before that, or I would have been all over it like flies to a pile of {vulgar term for feces}. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a camo mini mag once. I sat it down and haven't seen it since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
rodmeister said:
You're right the 2002 was a bluish green, which I never considered a real blue. I'd like a real blue.

[/ QUOTE ]
My 2002 CPF Arc is a *very dark*, slightly greenish shade of blue. If the finish were a light emitter, I'd have to put it at right around 480nm peak. I still call it blue, but it is ever so slightly greenish.

There must have been some variation in the colors amongst 2002 CPF Arcs.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Mine is definitely a green with a slight bluish tinge. It was one of the last ones sold. Maybe it was a borderline factory second. Sure wish I had a pure blue. Anybody have a picture of their blue AAA?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
How about that funky "rainbow" color now so popular on various folding knoves?

Or how about that optically active metallic that's made by DuPont Automotives, the one that seems to shift colors at different angles?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder if they can do a HA3 and still retain the correct "color?"

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tye dyed or paisley with either RGB or UV? And replace the pocket clip with a (ahem) aligator clip on the ring? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Sorry, not much sleep last night so I am kind of punchy.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want it in HA, it will need to be a single color.

Colors we have already done are black, natural, blue and red. We also did a small batch of green AA.

Coatings other than HA will either be significantly more expensive and/or not as strong. Lets keep it with HA please.

Other colors in HA we can do are yellow/gold, purple and green. We can also go back and do a previous color.

I will probably start making the 2004 CPF Edition after the SHOT Show.

Peter

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Peter just said that he wants to keep it HA, but I just have to say my peace once and I'll be done...

I've said it before and I'll say it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Titanium Nitride all the way, baby! Strongest, most durable and most attractive coating in my opinion. I'd gladly pay a premium price for one of these.

-Jason

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
How about a no-guilt, deluxe pair of lights, his and hers Titanium Nitride and yellow/gold Arcs in a gift box? One of a kind for a flashaholic and his loved one. You could pack the yellow/gold light with a gold chain and promote it as a purse light.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Oooooo... TiNi........

I'll vote for that.

But as far as a "single color" HA3 goes, how about a "Brithis Racing Green?"

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Status
Not open for further replies.