The SUNWAYMAN c-series are NOW clipless?

RBWNY

Enlightened
Just received a Sunwayman C15A from Going Gear. Very nice and compact light. Nice amount of lumens on a 14500. Anyway, I was expecting it to come equipped with a pocket clip. Zip, Zero, Nada :mad:. I had to 'borrow' one from an earlier version of the Thrunite...which I'm not using much these days. GoingGear had the clips included on their site descriptions. I emailed to ask if I got short-changed. Sure enough, they checked their available C15 stock, as well as the C20C's and the C10R's and saw NO clips in any of the boxes! It seems Sunwayman did a switch-er-oo, initially claiming that the series COMES with a clip. GG realized that SWM's website has now omitted the clips from that series. :drool:

Kind of a dirty trick if you ask me.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a bummer. I think they made a mistake of including a clip in the specs (you know how some manufacturers/dealers blindly copy and paste specs sometimes) when it wasn't meant to have one in the first place, seeing all the marketing shots suggest lanyard carry only. If anything else, perhaps you can contact SWM for a clip?

cruzer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry phone somehow got me here and posted

Last edited:

RBWNY

Enlightened
Well I wrote to Sunwayman, and they had me write to Battery Junction (cause they're a major distributor)... Then after writing to Sunwayman AGAIN... they confirmed that the C15's don't come with clips, but sent me one from "another" light in the C-series. It fits pertty well...although they recommended only to clip it inside a pocket, which I normally do anyway.

2Q==
Z

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened
I have the C10R - no clip, but I wasn't expecting one (no mention of it in Selfbuilt's review, for example), and certainly wouldn't use one.

tbenedict

Enlightened
I just received a C15A. I noticed the clip part into the instructions was whited out. No biggie for me, but it might be for some.

RBWNY

Enlightened
I just received a C15A. I noticed the clip part into the instructions was whited out. No biggie for me, but it might be for some.

Yeah maybe not...but I felt cheated! After all, just about ALL lights come with clips these days, and I've come to use them like that each & every time. Besides, if a particular model FIRST comes with a clip, and then suddenly doesn't...what the big idea :thinking:. Then when the sellers put them in the description, and the light arrives without one!!!! (that's what got me fired up)

Latest posts