Hds clicky HELP!!!!

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
I have scoured this forum and cannot for the life of me program the A preset. I can do B-D easily but A is impossible. Can someone please advise on how this is done. I have a HDS 140E raised tailcap. Thanks!

sent from my portable interwebs navigation thingie

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have scoured this forum and cannot for the life of me program the A preset. I can do B-D easily but A is impossible. Can someone please advise on how this is done. I have a HDS 140E raised tailcap. Thanks!

Even though this is the one you snuck out from under me........

You need to get into the A preset first which is the click press hold release.
I also had a tough time as I couldn't make that one come on or at least I could not tell if I had or not?

Maybe find out from previous owner what A was programmed to be and practice getting into that mode and then it is just like the other 3

Ed

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh and if you wonder how I know what you are going through I almost threw mine out the window yesterday trying this same thing!:caution:

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
Ok I'm resetting mine so I know when I'm on the A preset.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I'm resetting mine so I know when I'm on the A preset.

On mine the A was the highest brightness setting and it can only be selected from the light already being on.

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
Now I have the A preset where I want it I cannot get B to stay on. How do you do this if a press and hold goes to A?

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
Omg I finally got it. Thank you so much AVservice!
My other question is am I going to lose my programming when I change my battery?

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Press and hold goes back to B if you went to A from B.
If you went to a from C then when you get back to C from A double click back to B

I can not believe I can help someone else with this,you should have seen me yesterday!

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
Man I am so glad you were here to help!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg I finally got it. Thank you so much AVservice!
My other question is am I going to lose my programming when I change my battery?

No The programing is stored in eeprom and will survive battery changes.
I am still a little torn over leaving mine accessible to being programmed or not but I think I will,I don't plan to hand this one to anyone else really.

The part I can't understand is how to know if I have enabled certain options or not while I am trying to?
The Burst mode for instance I can only tell afterwards by trying to invoke it but I can't tell if the listed options are defaulted or not,I guess it doesn't really matter.

sobrnola

Newly Enlightened
Ok I'm glad it will survive battery changes. I immediately turned off customization after I got it the way I wanted it LOL!!

RobME

Newly Enlightened
...The part I can't understand is how to know if I have enabled certain options or not while I am trying to?
The Burst mode for instance I can only tell afterwards by trying to invoke it but I can't tell if the listed options are defaulted or not,I guess it doesn't really matter.
Best to have the card or manual (or online pdf) available, in front of you, so you can identify by the flashing sequence, which option you're changing... go into the options menu.... - I'm not sure if you have six or seven with that model - when the 'flashing sequence' corresponds to the option you want to enable or disable, press and hold the button down. You'll then see a short flashing sequence to off... if the flashing sequence ramps up (gets brighter), you're enabling the option. If the flashing sequence ramps down (gets dimmer), you're disabling the option.

I'm posting this from memory, but it's really easy if you do it a few times. You'll get it. :) Also fwiw... It's conceivable that accidentally mis-clicking could put you into the Brightness menu, where you might unintentionally change brightness levels in a particular mode. I'd keep customizations disabled. Some time in the future when you forget how it all works, you'll be forced to go back to the manual to re-learn everything. Eventually, it all sinks in. It's easy, but I don't think I'll ever be able to remember which flashing sequence corresponds to which option. (Haha, Lol) :D Enjoy those lights, they are nice ones!