• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (MOVED) Oveready Bored C2 HA with AW SoftStart (Split Available), Custom Surefire T1A

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD: Oveready Bored C2 HA with AW SoftStart (Split Available), Custom Surefire T1A

1) MOVED TO CPFMP.

C2_Oveready_AWSS_02.JPG

C2_Oveready_AWSS_01.JPG

2) Just added is a customized Surefire T1A. I swapped the LED with a T4-E5 XML which produces a very nice, smooth and floody beam. Based on tail cap current measurements and general comparison with other lights I would place the output at least 150 lumens. The LED is very nicely centered as shown below.
In addition I filed down the tailcap ring attachment flat so the the light will tail stand nicely. The tail cap was wire brush cleaned and then coated with several layers of a very durable black appliance epoxy spray paint. I've had the light in this form for well over a year and the re-finished tail cap doesn't show any signs of wear or chipping.
Not sure what serial numbers mean as far a light age with Surefire but this one appears to have a pretty low number indicating that it may be an older one but still in very good condition.

Price $175 SOLD

SF_T1A_XMLT4E5_01.JPG

SF_T1A_XMLT4E5_02.JPG

SF_T1A_XMLT4E5_03.JPG

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Oveready Bored C2 HA with AW SoftStart

I'm interested but this works with a LED eg. Malkoff drop ins?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

The host will work with those drop-ins, but the AW SoftStart is only for incans. You'd need to get a regular tail switch.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
WTS: Oveready Bored C2 HA with AW SoftStart

I seem to recall the main issue was minimum voltage. Maybe an M91 would be high enough?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

The host will work with those drop-ins, but the AW SoftStart is only for incans. You'd need to get a regular tail switch.
It depends on the dropin/battery configuration werther the AW softstartswitch will work with LED or not. I use it on my single mode Lumens Factory P7 turbo head with 2x18650 cells and it works perfectly. It also works with my single mode Oveready/TorchLab triple XP-G dropins when used in 2-cells setups. Single cell setups wil not work. BUT I also have a Nailbender D36 dropin that won´t work with it, even in a 2-cell setup. Ultimately you´d just have to try to find out if it´s going to work with a specific dropin.

Eric

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did try a Malkoff one time with a SoftStart and I recall that it did work okay but it was the PWM that was the issue. The PWM frequency of the SoftStart is 100 Hz which is perfect for an incan but caused terrible flicker on the Malkoff.

You can get a superb switch package for the C2 host here at Oveready: http://www.oveready.com/a-upgrades/tail-upgrades/parts-for-mcclicky-kit-for-surefirea-/prod_65.html

I will split this package up and sell just the C2 host for $105 and the AW SoftStart for $60 (sorry for the price increase but gotta make up for extra shipping costs). The requirement is that I get a buyer obligation for each. Until that time the package is available and a package buyer takes precedence.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Oveready Bored C2 HA with AW SoftStart (Split Available), Custom Surefire T1

Sent PM about C2...