Nitecore TM11 What Version??? Is it Defective?

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, finally got a TM11 on sale for Black Friday. Sweet Light but I am having a hard time finding out which version I have. the PCB says "Sysmax" that's it, it has no version number under it. From what I have been reading there has been 3 different versions.

Also, I am awaiting 4 new Eagletac 3100mah 18650s in the mail but I am currently running three matched Eagletac 3100mah 18650s in the light and it runs fine except the light will always be in standby mode when off. In addition it will not turn off turbo with a simple "press" I have to fully push button down and it turns off but goes to standby mode. I do not know if the problem will persist when I get 4 batteries in it or not. Any help is much appreciated :)

Skelt11

Newly Enlightened
I can't speak to the version, I don't have my box near me to reference. But I will say that with my TM11 and my TM15 I have to fully press for turbo and fully press again to turn turbo off. On each, if I lightly press I can scroll through low-med-high. Neither go into standby mode. To go into standby mode, I hold the button down for a few seconds when the light is on. Why do you think it is going into standby mode when you fully press the button to turn off?

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
If I turn the light off by fully pressing the button in turbo mode it goes into standby (red indicator light blinks every few seconds). It also does this in the general modes when i fully press to turn it off. All the time it is off it blinks every few seconds from the time I twist to make battery contact. The only way I can stop the red indicator light from blinking is to lock out the light by twisting the head to lose contact. I cannot turn the light off by half pressing in turbo. It is supposed to turn off turbo when i half press turbo right?

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Ok sooooo after watching Selfbuilt's Review of the TM11 again I see that it is always in standby when battery contact is made, Facepalm!:oops: It helps to pay attention.

Anyway if anybody can chime in on the version that would be great.:thumbsup:

trldad

Newly Enlightened
Bladedude
I also got a great cyber monday deal on a new TM11. I will look at the box to see if I can discern a version.

Also a FYI there is a lockout mode and the locator will stop blinking if while the light is on you press and hold the button for more than 1 second. The locator will then flash the current battery voltage and then stop blinking. To turn the light back on you need to rapid press 3 times and this will get you out of lockout mode.
Good luck with your new light
trldad

Bladedude

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I understand the lockout mode and all the other modes now, lovin this light! Thanks trldad