• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *** BOTH SOLD *** FS - McLux PR 5W and KL1 3W

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have two LED heads for sale.

Below are images of both of the heads. Although I cannot claim that either is in new condition, each is in very good condition.

faa0838f.jpg

faa08391.jpg

faa08392.jpg

Number 1 is, of course, a McLux PR that I just put together and took out on a trail ride to try it out. This thing really turns night into day. It has a BadBoy 700 feeding a V2T. In the pics below, it looks green, but only because it is next to the KL1 that has a cooler color. The V2T does have a warmer color though, leaning more toward yellow than blue.

Number 2 is a KL1 that I used as a test bed to try the new 3W stars that I just got in. This KL1 has been overdriven to 700mA and has a 3W luxeon binned as SX1K. Is it brighter than the Q3J that used to be in the KL1, I can't tell just by looking at it, but if you want a 3W, this is it. This KL1 also has an NX05 optic in it, as I believe that this is the best all around performer for the KL1.

The pics:

First a side by side shot. The McLux PR is on the left.
faa08395.jpg

This next shot is of the McLux PR from about 20 feet away from a white wall.
faa08398.jpg

And this shot is from the KL1 about 20 feet from a white wall. This pic truly doesn't do the sidespill any justice.
faa0839a.jpg

I'm asking $90 for Number 1 and $80 for Number 2. This covers priority shipping in the CONUS. Payment via PayPal account transfer please.

Those interested, post then PM.

Thanks.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - McLux PR 5W and KL1 3W

How will the KL1 compare to the KL1 Q3 drivin at 1A I have that CM built?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

JT,
The 1A overdrive will, of course, be brighter; but not by much. It will be noticeable if you do a side by side comparison, but that's about it. The 1A overdrive will also run quite a bit hotter than the 700mA OD. The 700mA OD will also get you about two hours of runtime as opposed to one hour on the 1A.

I've done quite a few 1A overdrives in the KL1 and I really like them. They just aren't very practical.

As far as comparing the S binned 3W to the Q binned 1W goes, I think they look the same. I just put the 3W in there because that seems to be what everyone wants. There'll probably be a difference if you use a light meter, but I can't see it.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, here's a comparison beam shot. It may be like comparing apples and oranges, but it's the best I can do since this is my very last KL1. On the left is a KL4 with a Q3J being driven by a DB1000 and on the right is the KL1 at 700mA.

faa06afa.jpg

Of these two heads in their current forms, the KL1 has more throw than the KL4 without as much sidespill.

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

I am looking for something to put on my spare E2E body that has a good throw. I have a L4 that I like around the house because it "fills" the room.

Which of the two do you think would be the best complement to the L4?

--Jerry

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've responded to your PM, but didn't see your post. If you're looking for a compliment to the KL4, I suppose the question would be, "how small do you want it?" The McLux PR will do everything the KL4 will do, on it has throw as well.

If you want to stay small and pocketable with more throw, go with the KL1.

Personally, I think you should buy both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, all kidding aside. I'd get the McLux PR. It puts out alot of light. It's just bigger and I wouldn't call it pocketable. Kind in mind though, the PR is bare aluminum and the KL1 has a type 3 hard anodized finish and it's very tough. You'll have to baby the McLux unless you have it coated.