Picked up two Defiant 550 lumen lights at Home Depot

yotehunter

Newly Enlightened
Called the only store in my area that had 3 of them in stock and paid for one over the phone last night. Drove 20 miles this morning to pick it up and walking down the aisle there is one more in the display and the wife said "you might as well get that one for a spare". I put up a feeble argument, but it wound up in the basket:twothumbs

Tried it out just a bit ago and am pleasantly surprised at the brightness and throw. It has a generous amount of spill, and the hot spot is kind of wide, but one heck of a light for 20 bucks!! I'll have no difficulty seeing critters well out past 100 yards with it for sure. It would be nice to have a high and low, but again, for $20 it has all you could ask for.

Already wondering what kind of mods might be feasible for the "spare":whistle::grin2:

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, not a big fan of lights that use C-cells, but for that price I shouldn't complain...

Do you make online purchases? Their website also has them for $20 and orders of $45+ get free shipping.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed they're out of stock online... :eek:

Last edited:

yotehunter

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, not a big fan of lights that use C-cells, but for that price I shouldn't complain...

Do you make online purchases? Their website also has them for $20 and orders of $45+ get free shipping.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed they're out of stock online... :eek:

They were $20 in store as well, but I live kind of out in the sticks and only have two stores within driving distance. Oddly enough, the store in the smallest town is the one that had them in stock. I figured If I waited and drove to the store the next day it would be my luck they would have sold out before I got there and they only had three in inventory, so I called the store and pre paid for one over the phone.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I would strongly recommend doing the in-store pickup; I got one yesterday but it took me about 20 minutes to find it. Home Depot goes a little wacky with how they display everything for the holiday season, so rather than putting all the flashlights in one place, there will be some lights in a display in one isle, then some more in another isle, more on the end of some other isle, etc, and Defiant makes at least 20 different kinds of lights, so it's quite a lot of searching. Same thing with the batteries, not only were the $7.88 Rayovac 40 AA/AAA holiday combos stranded in an inconspicuous area, but there was nothing advertising the price on them, so if you didn't come to the store knowing about the deal, you didn't get it..