Arc LS Twist Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I remember reading somewhere in CPF that the original LS twist switches had a tendency to crush certain brands of CR123s. I just got the switch; anybody know which brands are susceptible to the crush factor?

jaws

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they all can be crushed if twisted hard enough. The real issue is getting the twist pack to work. If yours works, just be careful not to overtighten it. If it works on battery brand X and you switch to brand Y then be careful to observe how tight you must twist the pack with the other brand battery.

It's not so much that the packs crush the batteries as it is twisting too much. I'm sure that some battery brands may be stronger than others though, but I woudn't worry about it too much.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I agree with Sean. You only have to turn it until the light turns on. No need to overtighten. I've never crushed a battery in mine.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I can still see one of the threads and the black O-ring on the base, with my LS 2nd, when the light comes on; it's 2-1/4 more turns until the O-ring disappears under the head and I hear the first noises of the spring being compressed.

That leaves the entire 1-cm. space (between the knurling on the base and the O-ring) showing.

Not a big deal, the head is certainly snug enough and not going to fall off. Guess I just got a very enthusiastic spring. Hmmm, maybe _that's_ why it was a second, I sure can't find anything else to wonder about.

Delighted, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.