Votes: 5 35.7%
  • i have polished and some stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

american

Enlightened
did you leave it, polish it with sandpaper or steelwool,, or other? or maybe you have more then one e01?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i sold my E01 stock, got me a Ti, and got over it. the subject.

tam17

Enlightened
Sanded down the LED while keeping its dome spherical. Then carefully matted (not polished!) both dome and reflector. Got pure flood :whistle:

scout24

Flashaholic
0000 steel wool, wadded up in the reflector opening, twisted back an forth for 30 seconds. After the first one, I do this to mine even before putting a battery in... :)

american

Enlightened
Do you guys scratch up the led and the cone too?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

tam17

Enlightened
Do you know what's LED could replaceing the e10 original bulb? It is a waste to leave it.

First and foremost, welcome to CPF, amy852! :wave:

Waste to leave it, you say? E01's LED/driver combo is dated but still well worth its salt, both reliability- and efficiency-wise.

Since E01's driver is voltage-regulated (there's an old reverse-engineering thread on CPF!), one should make a near-perfect match with a new LED or adapt the driver itself, and that's the probable reason why there aren't many LED swaps. I've read of neutral and red LED mods, if you want to find those you can use CPF search form (keywords: E01, neutral, mod, red LED, swap, etc.)

Cheers

ragweed

Enlightened
My 2 E01's are pure white flood after polishing with steel wool. I love them now! I left one alone as its near white as is with just a slight hint of blue.