Sunwayman V10r Ti+ operates intermittently

SamF

Newly Enlightened
I am hoping someone can help.

I recently bought a V10r Ti+ - new to me but not new. Popped a RCR123 in for a minute when it arrived to insure it turned on and then set it aside while I ordered a new battery for it.

Tonight I put in a new AW IMR 16340 and it wouldn't come on. Tried a few other batteries, including primary CR123 and nothing. Came back later and tried again and the 16340 worked for about a minute, then faded and shut off. Give it a rest and tried CR123. Came on for no more than 2 minutes and faded to dead. Then it seems to work fine. Throw the 16340 back in and it's off again. Then nothing works. Then the primary works again. As best I can tell it is not the switch as the old skool multimeter I dug up shows current with the switch on...

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with this light? I am a newb and a numbskull so use small words.

Thanks,
Sam

Also disappointed that the titanium scratches just from using the holster it came with.

Last edited:

borealis

Newly Enlightened
The most obvious thing is to make sure the head is tightened all the way. Depending on how you hold it and how you turn the control ring, if you loosen the head accidentally the light might flicker or turn off because of poor contact. Try to light it up without the body by using the multimeter.

All titanium scratches easily. Also buffs out just as easily if you know how to do it (I don't).

SamF

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Borealis for the reply. Everything seems tight. I do not know how to attempt to light it using the multimeter. I have searched the internet but not found anything that clearly tells me how to do so. I am very new at this and not terribly mechanically inclined. And thanks for letting me know that scratches happen.

borealis

Newly Enlightened
Just make the connection with the multimeter...

multimeter.jpg

You might need extra hands to do this without the extender and a fancy bezel.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Also make sure your switch is properly tightened, which has been a problem with my favored V10R Ti. Probably good to use some alcohol to assure the contact surfaces are free of any oils.

SamF

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all. I do have the extender so I tried that. It showed current from the battery but did not light up. I have contacted the original vendor and they are going to send it for warranty service since it is only a few months old.