• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *** SOLD *** FS Modded KL4/Q3J

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a KL4 that I gutted. I replaced the stock circuit with a DownBoy1000 and put in a Q3J highdome. This particular KL4 was EDC'd and therefore has nicks and such in the HA. It is functionally white and bright. I have a beam shot, but no pics of the head yet. I might post some later.

Here's the beam shot, on the left is the KL4 with Q3J and DownBoy 1000 and on the right is a KL1 running at 700mA with an SX1K 3W. That KL4 sure has a BEAUTIFUL beam.

When doing the "pointing the lights at the ceiling in a dark bathroom" test, the KL4 puts out noticeably more light.

faa06afa.jpg

I'm asking $100 including shipping in the CONUS. Payment by PayPal account transfer please.

If interested, post then PM. First to post breaks a tie.

Thanks

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Modded KL4/Q3J

Tony, why doesn't the hot spot on the left look like a high dome? -optics??
-while the 3Watt beam on the right
does.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

vcal my friend,
How are you? The one on the left is what a high dome looks like coming out of a reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif No artifacts, no centering problems, no die shape in the beam. Don't you love it? The great thing is that the reflector is so efficient compared to the optic (on the right) that you get loads of throw and you still get the generous sidespill. The KL4's are my new passion. These things are great.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
vcal my friend,
How are you? The one on the left is what a high dome looks like coming out of a reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif No artifacts, no centering problems, no die shape in the beam. Don't you love it? The great thing is that the reflector is so efficient compared to the optic (on the right) that you get loads of throw and you still get the generous sidespill. The KL4's are my new passion. These things are great.

[/ QUOTE ]
I kinda forgot that the KL4 has it's own great proprietary reflector..terrific beam quality alright.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

That's a great price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif I'm tempted to buy it because I have no more circuit boards on hand..

Someone get this!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it the one I think it is it also has a very low serial # /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

JT, this isn't the one I got from you. The one I got from you is now MY EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif